Provides consultation to primary care team, including the patients’ medical, dental, and psychiatric providers. Responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of Community Health Net patients’ medical provider and consulting psychiatrist.
Job duties include:
· Perform Behavioral Health consultation for primary care providers by providing brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques.
· Conduct screenings and assessment of Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse patients.
· Coordinate patient care and refer to external providers for additional treatment as needed.
· Systematically track treatment response and monitor patients for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
· Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
· Provide or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to evidence-based psychosocial treatments as clinically indicated.
· Collaborate with patients’ medical provider to develop individualized treatment plans.
· Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s medical provider.
· Triage patients to determine where their needs can be best met.
· Document and update patient’s chart in electronic health record as per Community Health Net Clinical Policies and Procedures.
· Meet productivity and quality standards set forth by Community Health Net.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Human Services or related field.
· Valid and current Pennsylvania (PA) License as a: LCSW, LPC, and LMFT
· Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in a behavioral health or social service setting.
· Experience working with under-served patient populations and safety net providers.
· Experience working with Pennsylvania and Federal programs.
· Recognizes the role of cultural, social, and behavioral factors and understands the importance of sensitivity.
· Previous healthcare delivery experience in an integrated behavioral care setting.
· Ability to work with individuals with diverse educational, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
· Familiarity with brief, structured counseling techniques (i.e. motivational interviewing, screening brief intervention referral treatment (SBIRT), and behavioral activation).
· Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology for common mental health disorders that is within the appropriate scope of practice.
· Experience with evidence-based counseling techniques.
· Ability to multi-task with exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills.
· Maintains and advances educational and skill level to perform functions of position. Complies with required and recommended internal and external competencies. Attends continuing education and staff meetings to improve job performance.
· Participates in educational programs, reads current literature, attends in-service meetings and workshops as necessary.
· Demonstrated competency with computers and health information technology, including Microsoft and electronic health records.
Community Health Net
Why Work Here?Please visit our website www.community-healthnet.com
Great benefits, great community focused organization