Medical Assistant (Bilingual Spanish/English) - F/T position available at our Central City Clinic. Performs routine MA duties such as assisting providers w/ tray set-ups and exams, charting, obtaining vitals, ordering and preparing lab analyzes, assessing patients/training, calling in pharmacy orders, and stocking supplies. Previous experience in a clinic setting preferred. Spanish/English bilingual skills are required.
- Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures according to clinic procedures such as taking vitals and obtaining responses to standardized medical history questions.
- Performs additional skills such as giving injections and immunizations, drawing blood, new born screening, tray set-ups and preparing and maintaining labs.
- Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examinations as requested and assists with all procedures.
- Monitors and cleans assigned patient exam rooms, reporting outdated supplies and stock levels. Restocks set levels of medical supplies as needed.
- Answers telephones, leaves complete messages with appropriate Clinic personnel and under the direction of licensed staff, schedules or reschedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests, records. These duties may include scribing, compiling and maintaining charts, obtaining medical records from other providers, maintaining CLIA logs and entering charges for billing purposes.
- Calls in refills to pharmacy as instructed by provider; resolves all phone messages daily.
- Performs new patient registration, including setting up new patient charts and determining eligibility for sliding scale; verifies insurance status and updates all patient information.
- Interacts with the billing office on patient billing questions.
- Attends and completes mandatory education and training meetings and activities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To apply: Email Resume to email@example.com or fax to 801-955-2389.
Qualifications (Knowledge / Skills / Abilities):
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated phlebotomy skills.
- Demonstrated human relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Ability to withstand the physical demand of being on your feet for long periods of time, of moving and lifting patients and of reaching for and handling equipment.
- An understanding that incumbents face exposure to potentially dangerous contaminated bodily fluids, blood, used needles, and other contaminants as part of the daily hazards of the job.
- Must be able to pass CHC Competency as measured by periodic competency assessments within first three months of employment.
- Must have bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish). Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- CPR Certification
- Assists in routine clerical functions, including working in the Electronic Medical
Community Health Centers, Inc.