Community Health Alliance is looking for an experienced Health Information Management (HIM) Technician for our medical records department. The position is full-time, Monday-Friday from 7:30-4:00 or 8:00am-4:30pm. The Health Information Technician II is responsible for updating, maintaining and distributing from Health Information Management systems while ensuring confidentiality.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Medical Records experience in health care setting for 1-2 years preferred. Must have successfully met all job requirements and qualifications of the Health Information Technician I position or equivalent work experience. Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the essential functions of a health center
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems; when applicable
- Capable of filing in both alphabetical and numeric order
- Skill in operating personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-mail
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as adding machine, calculator, copy machine, facsimile machine, postage scale, typewriter, and telephone system
- Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, most importantly patient financial and health record information in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
- Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and to enhance teamwork in the health centers and overall CHA’s organization
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sexual orientation, etc.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse over the telephone
- Ability to see well enough to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
- Ability to bend, reach overhead, pull, and push carts, charts, and other materials as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis