Self Pay Collector
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Patient Accounting Munster, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
The Patient Financial Services Collector resolves all discharged self-pay accounts receivables; Maximizes the Hospitals’ cash flow and to minimize the Hospitals’ bad debt expenses. Contacts patient to resolve balances. Offers payment plan if not able to pay in full; offers other options such as Help Loan Program and Helping Hand. Adds insurance information and sets for billing; Verifies if patient is eligible for Medicaid. Logged into the agent calls to answer incoming calls.
To Qualify you Must Have:
- Minimum of High School diploma/GED required.
- Call center, telephone work experience and cash collections experience required.
- Experience in a hospital/medical business office preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance benefits and coordination of benefits and Indiana Medicaid programs preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and billing practices.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with patients, public, co-workers, and professional offices.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish desired.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be proficient with a 10 key calculator and perform mathematical calculations,
- High-level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while working in a collaborative, team environment with a positive attitude. Detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and work under deadlines.
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Patient Accounting
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Patient Accounting