Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Finance Munster, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Staff Accountant supports the Director of Accounting and Financial Systems in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions for sections of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Assists in assigned aspects of the month-end close process. Prepares month-end journal entries, analysis, and schedules to ensure reliable and accurate reporting of operations.
- Applies accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned balance sheet reconciliations including cash bank account reconciliations and assigned clearing accounts.
- Assembles and provides financial data and analysis for internal audit, external audit, tax returns, cost & government reporting.
- Prepare government compliance reports (or assist with larger reporting projects) for State and Federal agencies.
- Provides financial analysis and reporting to support decision making, including operational targets.
- Evaluate contracts and transactions, determines and documents the accounting treatment is in conformity with GAAP in a whitepaper.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Develops a thorough understanding of information databases and other interfaces to ensure accurate recording to the General Ledger.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Position location: Currently remote and must live local.
To qualify you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 0-2 years accounting experience required. Knowledge of preparation of financial statements, journal entries, accounting systems, budgeting, fixed asset depreciation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High level of technical skill and professional judgment.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel including management.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Manage and prioritize deadlines.
- Experience in computer based financial applications: Microsoft Excel required; PeopleSoft preferred.
- Healthcare accounting experience preferred.
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Finance
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Finance