Data Analyst - Financial
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Data Analytics and Informatics Munster, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
This position resides in the Data Analytics and Informatics Department of Community Healthcare System and is responsible for the development and maintenance of dashboards, scorecards, and reports in support of the organization’s analytic initiatives. This role works closely with hospital departments and leadership, as well as other areas of the DAI department, including the business intelligence developers, CRM, and clinical integration teams, in the implementation and roll out of analytics projects. This position will lead and perform complex analysis and assist customers in transforming data into information through logical data models that fit the customer’s needs and help the organization to make data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have expert level excel skills, previous experience in the development of dashboards, and the ability to bring data to life through storytelling and visual analytics.
- Builds dashboards and reports using Tibco Spotfire that provide insights and actionable information for business leaders
- Translate business opportunities and use cases into comprehensive analytic requirements
- Develops interactive visualizations using data from various data sources
- Summarizes raw data into meaningful, easy-to-understand information
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data
- Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested by leadership
- Works with customers to build relationships and gain a deeper understanding of business needs
- Develops and produce various scorecards, including for both overall service lines and individual provider performance
- Collects and studies data to reveal ways to enhance operational efficiencies
- Makes recommendations about the methods a company should use to collect, analyze and manage data to improve data quality and the efficiency of data systems
- Analyzes and quantifies impact of organizational initiatives
- Validation of data accuracy
This position is remote, must live local and be onsite in office 2 days/month.
To qualify you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field, preferably in Analytics.
- Demonstrated data analysis experience including but not limited to data extraction, data manipulation, data querying/reporting, data visualization, etc.
- Possesses advanced analytical, detailed oriented, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using a data visualization tool, i.e. Tibco Spotfire, Tableau, or similar preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred ideally in a health system.
- Expertise in MS Excel (pivot tables, formulas, data models, macros) and PowerPoint; intermediate to advanced proficiency using other MS Office applications.
- Experience with analytical applications such as Crystal Reports and SAS are a plus; must be able to develop simple graphs and charts to explain how the analysis will influence the business.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication in order to explain results of statistical findings in layman terms a business customer will understand.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills in order to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines.
Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Data Analytics and Informatics
TechnologyView all jobs at Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc. · Data Analytics and Informatics