Cashier & Grocery Clerk
Community Foods Market Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Store Manager, this Grocery Clerk & Cashier position will be responsible for helping with many aspects of running our grocery store and may work in different areas of the store throughout their shift including Checkout, Dry Grocery, Dairy and Frozen. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: processing customer transactions at the cash register; receiving deliveries; stocking, facing and filling grocery shelves; organizing product displays; ensuring tagging, labeling and pricing accuracy; maintaining cleanliness and presentation of the store. Above all, team members are responsible for providing a high level of customer service and great experience for everyone that walks through our doors. This position may be scheduled to work during any day of the week, Monday through Sunday. Shifts shall be 5 - 8 hours.
Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to…
- Provide excellent, friendly and knowledgeable customer service with the understanding that customer service is our #1 key to success
- Team Members take ownership in the way the store looks and feels and take pride in the store always looking its best. They understand that the store environment is part of the customer’s shopping experience.
- Team Members engage our customers, making first contact and never settling for the question “are you finding everything”. Team members create conversation and excitement and know that interaction is a huge part of the customer experience.
- Team Members know how to handle questions about the store and organization and are able to speak to customers about our mission, policies, products, pricing, and, when unsure of an answer, finding the answer as quickly as possible. Team members understand EFFICIENCY is needed to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- At the register: quickly and accurately process customer transactions while engaging the customer. Counted on to properly bag purchased items at point of sale, and handles cash and other payment options accurately and responsibly. Ensures the last impression leaves the customer wanting to come back.
- Team members will be responsible for Receiving product deliveries, ensuring that shipment is accurate and paperwork is complete. They will store back stock and pull items needed on the sales floor.
- Handle products efficiently and effectively, ensuring they are stored according to their specific requirements, and always rotates stock while
- Works with a sense of urgency and moves from task to task quickly.
- Ensures each department is well stocked and product is full and abundant.
- Works knowing the job is never done and there is always something to do. They see the store as one big picture and work to keep it full, faced, and fresh.
- Understands how to work safe and follows company safety standards.
- Takes initiative to ensure product displays are always well-organized and full with proper signage and pricing. Maintain all company standards and all local and federal laws including regulations for safety, health, and weights and measures
- Ensure that displays are always full, well organized and have proper signage and pricing
- Work promptly and perform different functions within all departments as needed
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work areas (including tables, floors, walls, cases, freezer and coolers etc.).
- Stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and to squat, kneel, or bend as necessary throughout the day
The above duties represent much of what can be expected in this position. They are not a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change, increase, or decrease at any time with or without notice. We will make efforts to productively communicate any amendments to the job duties and responsibilities.
1970s. Our goals are to have a positive impact on people’s lives, be a neighborhood anchor and build community. We pride ourselves on meeting a standard of food quality and affordability and using food to bring people together and creating connections that enrich community life. We support our customers by introducing them to fresher and more nutritious foods and providing them with information, education and incentives. And we create a team-oriented workplace in which our employees feel a sense of purpose, are empowered to make a difference, are continuously developing themselves, and strive to provide the best service and customer experience.
Community Foods MarketWhy Work Here?
A neighborhood-oriented food market that has a very friendly and positive work environment where employees are treated respectfully.
Community Foods Market is a purpose-driven food market in a neighborhood of West Oakland that has not had a supermarket since the 1970s. Our goals are to have a positive impact on people’s lives, be a neighborhood anchor and build community. We pride ourselves on meeting a standard of food quality and affordability and using food to bring people together and creating connections that enrich community life. We support our customers by introducing them to fresher and more nutritious foods and providing them with information, education and incentives. And we create a team-oriented workplace in which our employees feel a sense of purpose, are empowered to make a difference, are continuously developing themselves, and strive to provide the best service and customer experience.
3105 San Pablo Ave. OaklandOakland, CA
RetailView all jobs at Community Foods Market