Licensed Dental Assistant
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Join Our Team!
CDC has a full-time opportunity for a Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA) at our Maplewood clinic and in hospital dentistry. This position serves as an integral member of the clinical team in providing high quality and caring dentistry as well as an exceptional patient experience.
Hospital Dentistry: LDAs receive increased pay of an additional $4.00 per hour when working Hospital Dentistry! Reimbursement for parking and mileage.
Experienced LDA’s and recent graduates are all encouraged to apply!
**We are offering a $1,500 retention bonus for this position with a two-year commitment if you are licensed. We will also pay or reimburse for LDA licensing fees incurred three months prior to hire.
Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA) Responsibilities: Perform full scope of procedures as outlined in Delegated Procedures List created by the Board of Dentistry.
- Perform comprehensive dental care with a focus on the health needs of the patients
- Complete preliminary charting of the oral cavity and surrounding structures; take vital signs, and radiographs
- Perform mechanical polishing to clinical crowns, take impressions and a bite registration, etch appropriate enamel surfaces, apply and adjust pit and fissure sealants, place and remove rubber dam, place temporary fillings and recement intact temporary restorations
- Remove sutures, place and remove periodontal dressings, place cotton pellets and temporary restorative materials
- Under supervision, administer nitrous oxide inhalation anesthesia and monitor patient
- Perform restorative procedures such as placing, contouring, and adjusting amalgam and composite restorations, and adapting and cementing stainless steel crowns
- Setting up OR prior to case with the nursing team
- Chairside assisting during case
- Working with Central Processing Department, Environmental Services, and the nursing team to clean after case
Maplewood Clinic Hours: (Avoid the morning & afternoon traffic!)
- Monday-Thursday 7:20am-2:30pm
- Friday 7:20-12:00pm
Children's Hospital St Paul:
- Assist hours 6:30am-3pm (cases go 7:15am - 2:45pm)
Maple Grove Surgery Center
- Assist hours 6:45am-3pm (cases go 7:45am - 2:45pm)
Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA) Qualifications:
- Completion of an accredited dental assisting program
- Dental Assisting licensure in MN (or pending licensure)
- CPR/AED certification
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities
- Ability to quickly adapt within a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
What We Offer:
- Collaborative, innovative and inclusive team environment
- Internal growth and development opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- 401k plus company match
- CE classes and license renewals reimbursements
At Community Dental Care everything we do is about providing the most caring, culturally respectful, quality dental care to people of all ages and abilities. We provide comprehensive oral health care, preventive education, professional training and advocate for access for all. Our team of 240 employees staff our full service dental clinics in St. Paul, Maplewood, Robbinsdale, Rochester and Buffalo.
At CDC we value our diversity and are stronger because of it. We celebrate the diverse cultural norms and traditions of our staff and patients, and strive to meet their needs in a culturally competent and compassionate manner.
Community Dental CareSaint Paul, MN
Get fresh Licensed Dental Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.