We are a Bay Area relocation company helping individuals and families relocate from overseas and domestic locations. We are seeking an additional co-ordinator for our education program ('Education Connection').
Ideally you will have previous experience in education, or an education related field. You will have knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area school system – both public and private - and will keep up to date with new developments. You will be able to share information about school district boundaries, performance and registration procedures with our clients and our in-house account management team.
You will work with our other education team members to share content, collaborate on various assigned projects and communicate on an ongoing basis with each other to maintain and develop best practices for our company.
Working with your team members, you will support our account management and consultant team by:
- Answering any questions and requests for information they may have regarding the SF Bay Area school system
- Presenting schools information at staff meetings and our annual independent consultant information sharing day
- Training other appointed team members on the content aspect of Education Connection
You will also act as a main point of contact for our clients with school aged children and will be asked to provide schools guidance and advice, either by phone or in person.
As we continue to grow our program, the ideal candidate will:
- Innovate to further develop and expand the reach and visibility of Education Connection
- Assist with the preparation of marketing presentations and materials to deliver to our partner Relocation Management Company (RMC) clients and other client companies
- Utilize multiple media avenues to create opportunities for us to market Education Connections program to new RMC clients, realtors and corporate entities
- Assist in the creation of a quarterly newsletter to update RMCs and other customers
- Collaborate with schools admissions officers (private schools) and representatives from private schools in an exchange of information
Occasionally Community Connections may bring in a network partner to assist a family with special education requirements. In these situations, you would:
- Liaise with any 3rd party /independent consultants as required and monitor their progress if and when they work with a Community Connections' client. Examples of 3rd party/independent consultants would be: special needs consultants, private school testing advisors, college counselors.
In addition we may ask you to be involved in recruiting additional 3rd party/independent consultants as required. This may include advertising, interviewing and onboarding.
- Strong education background, BA or higher preferred (but not essential)
- Social media experience is a plus
We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing the highest quality of customer service. The ideal candidate will be able to offer the following skills:
- Prior experience in a customer service role would be a strong advantage
- Empathy is key! The ability to put our clients at ease is important
- Resident in the SF Bay Area for at least 2 years
- You must be comfortable with technology, knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- You should be well organized, not afraid of paperwork, and happy to work independently
- You must have a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with tight deadlines
- A flexible attitude and the ability to step in and help out at short notice is appreciated
- Excellent writing skills (including good spelling and grammar) are critically important - the ability to write professional business emails is essential in this role
Other skills that would be considered a plus but are not essential:
- Prior experience in relocation or an associated field would be helpful
- Knowledge of other languages
A blemish free DMV record and a clean and tidy car are required as you may occasionally be asked to drive clients.
This is a part time position with flexible hours, approximately 20 hours per week, rising to 30 hours per week during our busy summer season from May through September. Community Connections supports a flexible work from home policy, with the requirement to occasionally work from our Los Altos office for a small part of your work week.