Community Clinic Inc. Gaithersburg, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
CCI is seeking a Floater Patient Representative to act as the point of contact by greeting patients and visitors in person and over the phone, directing them to the appropriate Health Center personnel. The FPR will assure that the provision of high quality; cost efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all Federal, State and Local agency policies and procedures. This position requires travel to any of the CCI health center sites if coverage is needed.
As a member of the health center’s integrated care team, the Floater Patient Representative will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Answers the telephone promptly, identifies him/herself and the center, refers calls to the appropriate area, and identifies and refers urgent calls correctly. Accurately communicates phone messages as needed, and Assist decrease wait times for returned phone calls.
- Distribute information regarding Maryland Health Benefits Exchange, including eligibility requirements for applicable federal tax subsidies and cost-sharing assistance, eligibility requirements for Medicaid and Maryland Children’s Health Plan (MCHP), and Qualified Health Plans (QHP); and how to enroll in Medicaid, MCHP or QHPs in the exchange.
- Assist patients with portal set up to Increase patient portal usage.
- Facilitate plan selection based on the needs of the individual/family seeking health insurance coverage, assess tax implications and premium and cost-sharing requirements, application submission, renewal, and disenrollment processes.
- Facilitate eligibility determinations for QHP, Medicaid, MCHP, SHOP, and premium tax subsidies.
- Provide referrals to appropriate agencies, including the Attorney General’s Health Education and Advocacy Unit (HEAU) and the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA), for applicants and enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or the need for other social services.
- Schedule first appointments for newly insured consumers at any of our sites and assist to Increase number of patients enrolled in Medicaid.
- Makes and assists in making return appointments, confirming the patient’s current address, phone number, and updates in the computer system as necessary.
- Registers patients into the computer, generating required paperwork for a patient visit. Calls patients to remind them of scheduled visits per center routine.
- Checks in patients as they enter the center, identifies in the system whether they are a “Show”, “No- Show”, “Walk-In”, or a “Cancellation”. Completes appointment status prior to the end of the workday.
- Assist Health Center Managers with clerical and administrative functions
- Notifies appropriate personnel of patient’s arrival (per center routine) and secures patients medical
- record for use by Medical Assistant.
- Monitors status of reception areas, alerting clinical staff of unusually long patient waiting times or obtaining assistance of any unusual situations including patient conflicts.
- Performs other clerical support functions; filing, scheduling and documentation of appointments or referrals, completes medical records release forms, documents no shows in the chart. Prints provider schedules at the beginning of the sessions. Pulls medical records and reviews by noon the day before the patient’s appointment.
- Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers, and outside contacts.
- Promotes CCI’s mission to Increase patient understanding of CCI’s service lines.
- Increase patient satisfaction.
- This position also requires the ability to drive between clinical sites to provide additional coverage when needed.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must have at least one year of relevant work experience, preferably in a medical setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience to perform office routines and clerical support functions.
- Must be customer-focused
- Must be proficient with user-facing technology (e.g., Apps, software, computers, etc.).
- MUST be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to greet patients and visitors in person or over the phone, and to direct them accordingly.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer service and observance of corporation protocol in a hectic and sometimes hostile situations.
- Must be proficient in reading and writing English to update patient information/forms, accurately communicate phone messages, and respond to visitors and callers as needed.
- The ability to distinguish letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephone, computer terminals and copiers is required.
- May be asked to lift to or about 25 pounds.
- Work under stressful conditions within a controlled enclosed environment daily. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment. Required to wear scrubs and occasionally protective barrier clothing during training. This can become uncomfortable in a warm, high humidity room.
- ADA Category. This position may require prolonged periods of sedentary, stand and/or walk for more than eight (8) hours per day. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with the practice of modern oral hygiene will be performed on a repetitive basis. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
- OSHA Category. Clinical environment. Possibility of exposure to chemicals and infectious body fluids e.g., HPV, HIV, HEP C, HSV.
The salary begins at $18/hr.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant’s & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
Community Clinic Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Clinic Inc.