Community Clinic Inc. Greenbelt, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning
The Clinical Nutritionist provides physical nutrition counseling for patients referred by our Providers and Care Teams. In addition, this position coaches and mentors’ staff in nutrition education and obesity management. The Clinical Nutritionist also acts as a liaison between the Care Teams and Community partners. This position is supervised by the Program Coordinator and reports directly to the Maternal and Child Health Director.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Form collaborative relationships with families and educate them about their roles as agents of change in their child’s eating and exercise habits.
- Develops, reviews, and selects nutrition and education materials for a multi-cultural population.
- Collaborate with patient’s care teams to integrate physical activity and nutrition education into care plans to ensure continuity of care.
- Responsible for the assessment, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of patient care plans.
- Develops nutrition education materials, including handouts, posters, etc. which are accurate, current, and understandable by participants.
- Maintaining frequent communication with patients
- Acts as a liaison between CCI care teams and community partners
- Coach and mentor staff in nutrition education and obesity management
- Evaluate and assess nutrition status of patients, and screen patients for nutritional risk
- Plan and initiate culturally appropriate medical nutrition therapy to patients
- Educate and counsel patients and families on nutritional issues, either individually or in a group setting
- Communicate nutritional care plans to other health care providers as a member of a health care team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree
- Registered Dietitian (RD) certified by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or CDE-eligible
- Two years of experience working in healthcare/community health setting
- Experience/Interest in working with children and adolescents (ages 2-19)
- Knowledge of education techniques and principles of human motivation for change (e.g. Motivational Interviewing)
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications and administrative skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Experience working in a community health center
- Experience in Motivational Interviewing
- Bilingual (preferred)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant’s & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.
Powered by JazzHR
Community Clinic Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Clinic Inc.