We are looking for a professional, caring, clinician to join our Social Services team. This position has lots of patient contact which leads to a very fulfilling experience. This is a full time position.
Collaborates with supervisor and multidisciplinary team members in providing consistent, structured, and individualized goal oriented patient care within a group psychotherapy model which meet all standards of care and are compatible with the philosophy, goals, objectives, and organizational mission of Community Care Hospital.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in mental health discipline (MSW, MA, M.Ed., MS) from an accredited university;
- Louisiana state licensure as a clinical social worker or counselor (or documentation of supervision and active pursuit of licensure);
- Two to three years experience in a behavioral healthcare program;
- Successful completion of pre-employment references, criminal background check and drug screen
- Experience with inpatient and outpatient behavioral healthcare services, including strong case management skills.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary team model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides social work/counselor services within the specific program milieu, in compliance with federal, state, local and regulatory standards and laws.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Director, Chief Nursing Officer and clinical staff to achieve the highest level of care.
- Maintains ongoing communication with multidisciplinary team members in order to ensure coordinated, individualized patient care and inter/intra-team communication and collaboration.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding patients’ response to treatment with family, other caregivers, and referral sources (i.e. group homes, nursing homes, case managers) to ensure involvement in treatment, discharge planning, and coordination of care.
- Provides complete and timely documentation of all social work/counseling patient care therapeutic activities, case management (including any required third-party payer certifications to ensure reimbursement), and discharge planning in the medical records of patients.
- Coordinates all necessary arrangements for patients requiring adaptive equipment, durable medical equipment, clothing and personal items.
- Coordinates patient case management activities, including discharge planning, in a manner which is inclusive of patients’ families and/or other care providers and which facilitate patients’ community reintegration and cooperative community networking relationships.