Why Choose Community Care?
Earn top wages within the home care industry
Our coordinators continuously work hard to keep you on the job
Caring coordinators advocate on your behalf to keep you working on types of home care cases you enjoy
You are your own boss - choose the home care cases that suit your lifestyle, schedule, and skills
Options to work in a private home care setting or in a facility
Community Care is looking to hire a PCA to assist clients and families with personal care and home management. The Personal Care Aide provides services to patients whose medical conditions are stable. The Personal Care Aide works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Various shifts available. Must have transportation.
- Assist as assigned with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
- Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
- Assist client as assigned with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and medication reminders.
- Utilize basic infection control measures
- Read and record client temperature, pulse, and respiration when assigned.
- Recognize and document changes in client condition and safety and report to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Attend mandatory in-services.
- Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must attend training required by state and federal law and regulation.
- Must have NYS PCA
- Preferred 6 months experience; willing to train new hire without experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide client services.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the workforce.
- Able to multi-task
- Able to read, and interpret technical instructions related to providing services of the client and use equipment required in providing service.