The Donor Communications Coordinator/Analyst at Community Bible Study (CBS) is responsible for analyzing current and past donor trends, processes and communications; for developing effective strategies to communicate with and engage current and potential donors in a manner consistent with the CBS culture and values; and, serving as an effective communicator, in person and in media, to execute CBS communications strategies in a winsome and donor-centric manner.
- Analyst - develop an understanding of CBS donors, processes, and trends.
- Map the CBS donor experience, understand it, improve it.
- Utilize data analytics to identify trends, and to evaluate various approaches to donor engagement.
- Engage CBS donors in appropriate ways in an effort to understand them.
- Identify appropriate levels of engagement, consistent with the CBS culture and values.
- Provide regular reports to all stakeholders.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, develop and refine effective strategies for donor engagement.
- Keep abreast of trends from data sources outside of CBS, factoring these appropriately into CBS strategies.
- Ensure that donor communications strategies are sensitive to the CBS culture.
- Develop strategies that are appropriate for each segment of donors (e.g. class members, foundations, international supporters, younger, older).
- Develop clear, concise, and well-written donor communications.
- Work with other CBS stakeholders toward holistic, seamless and timely communications across all media, including mail, print, and web.
- Advocate for "donor awareness" in all CBS communications items. Advocate for donors.
- Coordinate the life cycle of giving options (funds) with the Director of Finance.
- Collaborate with others to make recommendations for improvements or changes to existing processes, policies, and practices.
- Assist in other areas as needed, including communications and IT.
CBS expects every employee to have a deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by a strong, clear personal testimony and a lifestyle that reflects spiritual maturity and intimacy with God. Belief and adherence to the CBS Statement of Faith and a meaningful commitment to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of CBS are also required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of four to five years of experience in a related position, particularly in donor/customer service.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) products.
- Familiar with one or more online donor systems.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with groups and one-on-one.
- Clear sense of good design, able to separate the good from the not-so-good.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in Excel for reporting, trending and interpretation of donation information.
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively and cooperatively in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Reports to the Director of Ministry Service Center.
- Work Location: The CBS Ministry Service Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado.