Community Bible Church San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The position of Accounting Specialist consists of performing any combination of calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain accurate financial data for use in producing financial statements. Handle accounts payable including processing invoices and contacting vendors. Prepare cash and check deposits and enter in the church membership database. Provide month-end support and general ledger account analysis.
- Scan contribution checks into the bank and the membership database for contribution credit.
- Count contribution cash and prepare bank deposit. Scan contribution envelopes into membership database and assign credit.
- Update any changes discovered in member records.
- Enter bi-weekly employee payroll tithes in member database.
- Enter credit card payments from legacy system into current membership database.
- Prepare weekly department ministry deposits – count and summarize by general ledger account coding.
- Enter all deposits into the general ledger/bank module.
- Receive and review all check requests from departments for appropriate general ledger account coding, accuracy of submission, proper approvals. Generate checks.
- Reconcile vendor statements to the A/P subledger on a monthly basis and resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with W-9 requirements for all vendor set-ups and process annual 1099 forms.
- Review supporting documentation for all electronic payments made and post to the Accounts Payable module.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries to correct initial account miscoding.
- Maintain gift card inventory to include the purchase and tracking of each distribution.
- Minimum of an Associates degree in Accounting, Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an Accounting department.
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Dynamics Great Plains a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Highest level of personal integrity with an uncompromised commitment to the maintenance of the confidentiality and privacy of all personal and church matters, data and information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge in computer technology and the Internet (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc), including the ability to learn new programs easily.
- Knowledge of general office equipment.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Has professional manner and high energy level, exhibits a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with solid work ethic.
- Good telephone presence.
- Must be a professing Christian and strive to live a Christian lifestyle
- CBC Member
- Background Check, Personality Profile, Drug Testing
Our lead pastor, Dr. Ed Newton, is a uniquely gifted communicator of Truth. He connects with all people with a dynamic and winsome personality. Our leadership team is hyper focused on loving our city, preparing leaders, and making disciples in our community.
Community Bible ChurchWhy Work Here?
Lead pastor is a gifted communicator, Leadership focused on loving our city, preparing leaders, and making disciples, robust medical package
For over 30 years, Community Bible Church (CBC) has served as a lighthouse for the city of San Antonio. Its congregation has been a melting pot of diversity, generations, and backgrounds. Located in the North part of San Antonio, CBC has embraced its role as a church for the entire city. If you asked someone in the community what they know about CBC, they would most likely tell you of our love and care for the city is unmatched, our worship gatherings are incredible and those who are hunting and broken feel at home here. Prior to Covid-19, nearly 15,000 people gathered weekly for worship at CBC. Today our audience is broader, connecting both online and on-campus as we continue to shepherd the people God has called us to serve. Our lead pastor, Dr. Ed Newton, is a uniquely gifted communicator of Truth. He connects with all people with a dynamic and winsome personality. Our leadership team is hyper focused on loving our city, preparing leaders, and making disciples in our community.
2477 North Loop 1604 E.San Antonio, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Community Bible Church