Senior Client Service Officer
Established in 1996, Community Bank of the Bay ("CBB") is an independent, multiple award-winning community-focused bank with over 25 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our clients include numerous organizations from many industries, including local nonprofits, multi-generational businesses, creative professionals, and owner-operators experiencing change, growth, or expansion.
At CBB, we believe you can only truly serve a community when you are part of it. As the first Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) formed in California, we are actively involved in local community life. In fact, that's the whole thought behind community banking: your funds invested locally, through local decisions, by local people, driving the success of the broader community. Our mission is to foster and promote economic development in the communities we serve.
At CBB, our employees are our greatest asset, and we recognize that our success as a community bank is because of our extraordinary staff. We offer a welcoming, friendly, caring work environment with competitive compensation, a strong and robust benefits program, and an emphasis on healthy work/life balance.
Our six core values of Sustainability, Empowering, Respect, Trust, Commitment and Relationship building represent what we stand for and believe in as an organization. Every day, we strive to align our behaviors to these core values in everything we do.
As a Senior Client Service Officer, you are a trusted member of the client's team and deeply connected to deliver successful service working directly with designated clients, as well as in partnership with Relationship Managers. In this role, you will support the onboarding of new clients for Relationship Managers, as well as their future deposit account needs. You will interact with Owners, CEOs, Presidents, CFOs, Treasurers and other high-level client contacts to help research and solve issues for our clients. Communicate through Zoom, email, phone and in person to build strong relationships and provide a level of service that embodies Community Bank of the Bay's values and service that our clients expect.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Focused Activities:
- Work directly with Relationship managers to onboard new clients, and support existing clients account requests.
- Develop a relationship with clients; be proactive in identifying problems and themes; create a repertoire/cadence with follow-ups and issue escalations; recommend/implement service enhancements where appropriate.
- Handle complex relationships and high-profile clients, while providing service at the same level for ALL clients.
- Investigate root causes of process inefficiencies and make proposals on opportunities for process improvement. Be willing to and able to help create improvements for the betterment of the client experience.
- Build in-depth understanding of the clients and determine how best to leverage our products and capabilities to continuously add value for the client.
- Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to have quality conversations, understand the needs and goals of our customers, and offer solutions.
- Be able to articulate the Bank's mission and what makes us unique to existing and potential clients.
- Open and close accounts, order checks and debit cards, prepare paperwork for online banking and some cash management services. Performs signer changes. May rent safety deposit boxes.
- Process transactions for clients in branch, over email and by phone while adhering to bank policies and procedures.
- Take ownership, act with a sense of urgency and exceed expectations by over-communicating.
- Engage professionally in person, emails and on the phone to assist with every client need or issue.
Build Internal Relationships:
- Interact with other teams to collaborate and problem-solve; be empowered to initiate change to further drive superior service improvements and product offerings.
- Understand and manage risks in the business by adhering to policies, procedures and controls and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations for client requests.
- Work independently and in a team environment to maximize productivity in a most efficient manner.
- Actively seek opportunities to lead and contribute to initiatives outside immediate area of responsibility.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude with inquisitive curiosity.
- Establish strong relationships with internal partners including Relationship Managers, Cash Management and across various functions.
- Assist other branch locations as needed.
- Share your knowledge and become a mentor to help your colleges succeed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of new account products policies and procedures.
- Understanding of bank operations.
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Minimum three years of experience with New Account opening, customer service, cash management, and portfolio management within a Financial Institution.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with clients and colleagues.
- Displays assertiveness along with patience, diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, over the phone and by email.
- Well organized and self-motivated. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting bank policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Comfortable using video conference products like Zoom & Teams.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Strong word processing skills.
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Basic Life/Accidental Death and Disbursement Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan, 401k Match, Safe Harbor Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical & Dependent Care
- Paid Vacation and Sick days
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Volunteer Day
- Gift Matching Contribution to Non-Profit Organizations of employee's choice
- Green Car Program Subsidy for eligible Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Employee Referral Program
Job Openings: 1
Job Locations: Oakland
Job Type: Full-time
$60,000 - $100,000 annually
Salary may vary depending on multiple factors including but not limited to skill level, depth of work experience, education, relevant licenses/credentials, and geographic location.
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed are typical examples of work performed by the position and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
EOE, including disability/vets. Job candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Community Bank of the Bay is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or submit an employment application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated email address designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Please note: emails received for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Community Bank of the BayOakland, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.