Customer Service Representative - Bank Teller
- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1996, Community Bank of the Bay is an independent, multiple award-winning community-focused bank with over 20 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our clients include numerous organizations from many industries, including local nonprofits, multi-generational businesses, creative professionals, and owner-operators experiencing change, growth, or expansion.
At CBB, we believe you can only truly serve a community when you are part of it. As the first Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) formed in California, we are actively involved in local community life. In fact, that’s the whole thought behind community banking: your funds invested locally, through local decisions, by local people, driving the success of the broader community. Our mission is to foster and promote economic development in the communities we serve.
At Community Bank of the Bay, our employees are our greatest asset, and we recognize that our success as a community bank is because of our extraordinary staff. We offer a welcoming, friendly, caring work environment with competitive compensation, a strong and robust benefits program, and an emphasis on healthy work/life balance.
Our six core values of Sustainability, Empowering, Respect, Trust, Commitment and Relationship building represent what we stand for and believe in as an organization. Every day, we strive to align our behaviors to these core values in everything we do.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, and cashier’s checks. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other CSR’s with a variety of duties as required. Ensures customers are promptly and professionally served.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Represents CBB in a courteous and professional manner, providing prompt, efficient, and accurate processing of services.
• Processes deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers’ checks, and similar transactions.
• May process transfers, wire transfers, and stop payments.
• Processes assigned cash and transactions and balances at end of day.
• Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
• Ensures customers’ requests and questions are promptly resolved.
• Operates online teller terminal. Provides in person, by telephone, or by mail, information that customers may authorize concerning their account status.
• Receives and processes new customer accounts and changes to existing accounts.
• May assist in accessing Safe Deposit Boxes.
• May perform night drop functions as assigned.
• Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
• Follows established regulatory and bank policies & procedures.
• Completes required reports & records accurately and promptly.
• Completes all required training in a timely manner. Attends meetings as required.
• Maintains privacy of customer account information.
• Performs related clerical duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel.
- Customer Service
- Cash handling
- Teller or New Accounts experience a plus.
- Data entry skills.
- Exceptional phone demeanor and customer service skills.
- Ability to listen attentively and assess callers’ needs.
- Good math skills.
- Positive with a can-do attitude.
- Punctual, reliable, adaptable, and a team player.
- Ability to operate computer related applications and business equipment including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Basic Life/Accidental Death and Disbursement Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical & Dependent Care
- Paid Vacation and Sick days
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Volunteer Day
- Gift Matching Contribution to Non-Profit Organizations of employee’s choice
- Green Car Program Subsidy for eligible Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Employee Referral Program
Base Salary Range
$20 - $26 an hour
Salary may vary depending on multiple factors including but not limited to skill level, depth of work experience, education, relevant licenses/credentials, and geographic location.
EOE, including disability/vets.
Community Bank of the Bay
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?