Hours/Week: 40 hours Location: US:VT:South Burlington
Minimum Pay Rate: $16.00
Relevant experience and education will be taken into consideration when determining actual starting pay rate.
To administer trust accounts and provide customer service to clients of the Trust Department. Provide support to trust officers and management in order to accomplish the duties and requirements of the trust division.
Associate's Degree in business or related field of study preferred or High school diploma or GED with equivalent business related experience.
At least two (2) years of customer service and/or banking/financial related field.
VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED.
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Provide customer service to trust clients, businesses and professionals, as well as, administrative support to trust officers and trust management.
- Interpret and analyze trust documents and perform research for proper handling of requests, correspondence, and all other matters.
- Prepare and maintain accurate account and departmental documentation, files and records.
- Prepare reports as needed from trust accounting system and in required format such as court accountings, state charitable reports and guardianship reports.
- Respond to and interpret requests for checks, transaction activity, statement mailings, address changes, tax information, trust account reports, wires, etc. in accordance with account agreements and established procedures.
- Process and analyze incoming funds in accordance with account agreements and established procedures.
- Review, analyze, and interpret trust documents and documentation for proper handling of trust accounts in accordance with federal and state laws, fiduciary policy and procedures, and banking regulations.
- Prepare documents and handle all aspects of account openings and closings.
- Handle all aspects of trust and estate administration including asset valuation, asset inventories, coordination of appraisals, coordination of insurance policies, interpretation of account invoices and resolution, communication with beneficiaries, attorneys, accountants, appraisers, real estate brokers, etc.
- Review and analyze account overdrafts and take appropriate action. Review account transactions for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Collect and distribute client tax documents and correspondence. Assist and/or prepare tax forms.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, presentations, and other related educational materials.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
As an integral member of the Trust Department, this position is responsible to assist the department, as well as the bank, in achieving their goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Madeleine Carr
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.
Why Work Here?We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”