Hours/Week: 40 Location: US:NY:Syracuse
OneGroup Risk Management and Insurance seeks an Insurance Accounting Associate.
OneGroup is a team of more than 200 experts and specialists in more than 70 areas of insurance, risk management, HR and employee benefits with over 19 locations. We are experiencing rapid expansion through a thoughtful, intentional combination of organic growth and strategic acquisition.
We are ONE company, working as ONE team, with ONE focus and ONE mission: to serve each client as our ONE client.
OneGroup is a subsidiary of Community Bank, NA (NYSE: CBU), and is headquartered in Syracuse, NY.
The Insurance Accounting Associate will be responsible for a variety of insurance accounting activities, including but not limited to data entry, payment processing, coding, filing, and research. Additionally, the position is responsible for reconciling various general ledger accounts and commission processing.
- Process payments received related to “agency-billed” customers and human resources and benefits clients.
- Process payments to insurance companies (“insurer payables”).
- Put together check batch for review
- Process commissions received from insurance companies related to “direct-billed” customers.
- Silverlake Entries for Life Insurance
- Research questions raised by customers, vendors, and others regarding the status of payment, coding, etc.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations as needed, including follow-up on any reconciling items.
- Prepare miscellaneous journal entries for subsidiaries, including cash moves.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting preferred; experience with accounts payable or accounts receivable or the insurance industry preferred.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an accounting department, with accounts payable or accounts receivable experience preferred.
· Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; strong organizational and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Derek W. Norcross
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.
Why Work Here?We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”