Cloud Services Manager
Community Bank System, Inc. East Syracuse, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Cloud Services Manager
Work Happy is in line with our Bank Happy philosophy. At CBSI, we are committed to providing the highest level of employee support, whether through our benefits, our professional development or our challenging but rewarding professional experiences. We are dedicated to helping you succeed. We believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission.
Community Bank System, Inc. is looking for a Manager of Cloud Services located in East Syracuse, NY. This exciting opportunity offers professional career growth within a full service financial institution that has been in business for over 150 years!
In addition to our Work Happy Mission, as a dedicated Cloud Services Manager, you will be rewarded with great pay and benefits including: 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, supplemented Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
Manager of Cloud Services Job Overview:
The Manager of Cloud Services will lead and manage the Cloud Infrastructure Team supporting Cloud and SaaS Infrastructure and automation for different applications as part of CBSI’s cloud strategy. Be a key contributor on stability, scalability, governance, decisions related to projects, and participate as part of a cloud operations decision group consisting of the Technology Services and Information Security teams.
- Direct management of the Cloud Infrastructure team.
- Identify and deliver innovative technology solutions that deliver business value and improve delivery experience utilizing the latest cloud technologies from CBSI’s primary cloud vendors.
- Track team performance towards department goals and metrics and prioritize support efforts across the environment.
- Identify, receive, triage and act upon events and incidents coming from various SaaS services
- Manage SLAs with customer teams and ensure staff communication and compliance with stated agreements.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of cloud infrastructure, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, live data feeds, and batch processing
- Lead the definition, development, and publication of policies, standards, and procedures related to cloud technologies.
- Manage incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure support teams as required.
- Manage application environments based on container technologies such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Manage corporate iPaaS technology to ensure integration flows connecting on premises and cloud-based processes, services, applications and data are reliable and secured.
- Seek opportunities to improve or optimize processes through automation.
- Managing vendors and external resources as necessary to achieve project deliverables.
- Communicate project status, deliverables, issues, and risks in a timely manner to stakeholders and project managers.
- Performing root cause analysis (RCA) and drafting customer-facing summary of events and preventative measures
- Ensure that cloud service management tools are fully integrated with CBSI’s IT service management system.
- Ensure proper population and ongoing curation of data in the CBSI configuration management database.
- Lead cloud services capacity planning and consolidation using teams and resources of varying skills and technologies.
- Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident resolution with other infrastructure teams.
- Partner closely with peer Technology & Information Security leaders to ensure we operate as a single team while building highly scalable, secure Cloud Infrastructure.
- On-call experience dealing with production incident management and resolution
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- A willingness to mentor people inside/outside of the Information Technology department on best practices, system design principles, and computing industry trends. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- A Bachelors Degree in MIS or business field with computer related courses or equivalent. Preference given to those with Azure or AWS certifications
- IaaS and SaaS experience required
- Experience in managing or supervising a small team
- Experienced with projects and portfolio management tools.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience.
To apply to this position or to see a full listing of current openings please go to: https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.Why Work Here?
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”
We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
AddressEast Syracuse, NY