Junior/Exp. Mortgage Loan Consultant
Community Bank System, Inc. Williston, VT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Junior Mortgage Loan Consultant /Mortgage Loan Consultant
(Level determined based on experience)
Work Happy is in line with our Bank Happy philosophy. At CBSI, we are committed to providing the highest level of employee support, whether through our benefits, our professional development or our challenging but rewarding professional experiences. We are dedicated to helping you succeed. We believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission.
Community Bank System, Inc. is looking for a Junior Mortgage Loan Consultant located in Chittenden County, VT. This exciting opportunity offers career growth within a full service financial institution that has been in business for over 150 years and is one of Forbes Top 12 twelve years running!
In addition to our Work Happy Mission, as a dedicated Junior Mortgage Loan Consultant, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits including: 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
Junior Mortgage Loan Consultant Overview:
The Junior Mortgage Loan Consultant (JMLC) trains with designated Mortgage Loan Consultants to originate mortgage loans to meet individual and department production goals. The JMLC is responsible for establishing and growing strong professional ties to area business generators by assisting MLC's in, and solely executing a sales call program to service realtors and other referral sources to develop new mortgage business. The JMLC must be self-motivated and comfortable communicating and associating with area realtors, attorneys and businesses with the goal of generating mortgage volume. The position is designed to be a limited term position, with the goal and intention of progressing into a Mortgage Loan Consultant within one (1) calendar year. Only successful JMLC's demonstrating the above characteristics will make the transition to Mortgage Loan Consultant.
A minimum of two (2) years' experience in mortgage lending or a related sales position is preferred but not required for the right candidate. Proven motivation and the ability to learn is essential for this position. Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as required by regulations. Employees in this job must register and comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character and general fitness through review of a criminal background check and credit report. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation is essential.
• Trains with a Mortgage Loan Consultant or designee to accomplish the following:
• Solicit quality loans that meet the criteria of current product offering. Informs customers of the institution's loan programs, underwriting guidelines and applicable government regulations.
• Schedules appointments to fit the needs of the customer whether on company premises or at a mutually convenient location.
• At the MLC's direction, personally interview applicants to collect and analyze pertinent information regarding income, assets, debts and credit data. Determine which products best meet the needs and financial circumstances of the potential borrower and advise them regarding the features and benefits of different loan programs.
• Complete each loan application and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner.
• Communicate complex approvals, denials and counter-offers to the applicant and other parties as appropriate while maintaining strict confidentiality of critical customer financial information.
• Develop new loan business by continuously marketing to former satisfied customers, real estate agents, home builders, attorneys, accountants, financial planners and other potential referral sources. Represent the Bank in local business and community organizations and events to develop additional business. May present seminars to general public and real estate community for community outreach and to promote additional business.
• Develop and maintain current competitive market information. Keep informed of trends and developments in the local market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to the mortgage industry. Actively participate in ongoing training and education as directed by Manager.
• Stay abreast of, and participate in, community outreach programs within the MLC's designated territory to ensure the Bank remains a partner to groups of low to moderate income (LMI) and those in protected classes.
• Comply with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the Bank's adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
• Maintain overall responsibility for the loan file and documentation through processing, underwriting, closing and post-closing by following the transaction through to its conclusion.
• At the MLC's direction, act as the customer's point of contact and information source from the application through booking process.
• Complete annual training requirements pertaining to Federal and State laws/regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
• Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
• An Associate's Degree or equivalent preferred
• Specialized banking and lending education and training
• Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills
• PC knowledge
• Proficient interpersonal relationship/communication and sales skills
• Working knowledge of Bank operating policies and procedures which impact consumer services
• Thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all the Bank's mortgage/home equity products and services
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Chittenden County, VT (Location Flexible)
Compensation: Level to be determined by experience. This position also provides potential for additional compensation, including an annual performance based merit increase and bonus, along with the generous benefits package mentioned above.
To apply to this position or to see a full listing of current openings please go to: https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.Why Work Here?
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”
We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
Finance and Insurance