Information Security Team Leader
Community Bank System, Inc. East Syracuse, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Information Security Team Leader
Work Happy is in line with our Bank Happy philosophy. At CBSI, we are committed to providing the highest level of employee support, whether through our benefits, our professional development or our challenging but rewarding professional experiences. We are dedicated to helping you succeed. We believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission.
Community Bank System, Inc. is looking for an Information Security Team Leader located in Syracuse, NY (other regional CBSI hub sites considered). The function of this position is to manage the day to day operations of the organization’s Information Security department. Day to day operations include working with and providing guidance to other team members, working closely with Information Technology to maintain and enhance controls and implement a risk based approach when evaluating other department’s technology requirements. In addition the expectation will be to engage in numerous Information Security initiatives for the organization that varies in complexity and requires a high level of technical aptitude. This exciting opportunity offers career growth within a full service financial institution that has been in business for over 150 years and is one of Forbes Top 12 twelve years running!
In addition to our Work Happy Mission, as a dedicated Information Security Team Leader, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits including: 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
Information Security Team Leader Job Overview:
- Supervise and provide mentorship and guidance with the department’s Information Security Analysts to assist with day to day operations which may include log review, security alerts related to anomalous and/or malicious activity and user provisioning/de-provisioning, etc.
- Work with various departments as assigned to assist with incidents involving potential information security items/forensic investigations. Also assist with organizing various cyber training / awareness events as well throughout the year.
- Oversee and review the firewall management process with an emphasis on understanding appropriate firewall methodology.
- Review data flows and permission levels and work with IT on remediation steps.
- Assist and/or complete various risk assessments as assigned.
- Manage/work on project teams as assigned to assist in deploying systems and/or applications that are safe and secure.
- Malicious Technology Research – Investigations of current exploits and malicious software, hacking techniques, etc for testing and mitigation against company systems to minimize exposures to current and developing threats.
- Regular testing/scanning against company systems/networks as assigned to determine and address vulnerabilities.
- Address technology security related findings of any third party assessments as assigned.
- Work with IT on various initiatives, change control implementations and virus/malware detection and prevention.
- Participate and provide support for Audit and Regulatory reviews as assigned.
- Maximize existing security applications and assist with research and review of new solutions under consideration.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- As an integral member of the CBSI organization, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the department and the company in achieving their annual goals.
- Minimum Bachelors in Information Technology, Cybersecurity/Information Security or similar field.
- Information Security/Technology Certifications (CISSP, CEH, etc.) preferred.
- Proficient reading, writing, mathematics and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of current corporate network systems and their related security administration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects of a technical nature.
- Ability to supervisor others in a productive manner.
- 5-10 years Information Technology Experience (corporate environment)
- 5+ years applied Information Security Experience with Incident Response Expertise
- 3+ years Supervisory Experience
- 3+ years Financial Industry Experience (desired but not required)
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Syracuse, NY preferred but we will consider locations near our other regional hub sites.
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience. This position also provides potential for additional compensation, including an annual performance based merit increase and bonus, along with the generous benefits package mentioned above.
To apply to this position or to see a full listing of current openings please go to: https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.Why Work Here?
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”
We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
AddressEast Syracuse, NY