eAccounts Customer Service Representative
Community Bank System, Inc. DeWitt, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
eAccounts Customer Service Representative
Work Happy is in line with our Bank Happy philosophy. At CBSI, we are committed to providing the highest level of employee support, whether through our benefits, our professional development or our challenging but rewarding professional experiences. We are dedicated to helping you succeed. We believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission.
Community Bank System, Inc. is looking for an eAccounts Customer Service Representative located in DeWitt, NY. This exciting opportunity offers career growth within a full service financial institution that has been in business for over 150 years and is one of Forbes Top 12 twelve years running!
In addition to our Work Happy Mission, as a dedicated eAccounts Customer Service Representative, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits including: 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
eAccounts Customer Service Representative Job Overview:
This role is responsible for reviewing online deposit applications for Online Account Opening while providing quality customer service on the telephone and online. The eAccounts Customer Service Representative will assist with administration of the Meridian Link application and promote and sell bank products and services as applicable.
• Strong understanding of Meridian Link, XPerience, Argo, and other other systems necessary to perform responsibilities.
• Maintain strong knowledge of account opening processes, CIP, and heightened awareness of BSA/Fraud risks associated with opening an account, when not face-to-face with a customer.
• Provide input for administration of the Meridian Link system and related procedural documentation.
• Monitor queues of incoming Online Account Opening deposit applications.
• Review applications for acceptance/declination.
• Redirect concerns to BSA/Fraud for input on decisioning as directed by Team Leader.
• Track receipt of opening deposit funds (checks, ACH, transfers, credit card processing)
• Onboard customers through account opening process (i.e., order checks, debit card, follow-up welcome calls and/or letters, etc.)
• May approve overdrafts for online banking customers.
• Assists and cooperates with branches, operations, electronic banking and other departments to provide service, solve problems and achieve bank goals
• Determines customer needs, explains and sells products based on customer inquiries
• Provides assistance to customers using quality service standards. Assists customers with requests and problems by telephone and online. (Such items may include stop payments, balance discrepancies, loan information, etc.)
• Work to achieve bank sales goals during follow-up calls and letters
• Determine and refer future prospecting efforts to applicable employees based on customer inquiries.
• Perform special projects or handle specific administrative tasks as assigned by Branch Administration Management.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Internal product knowledge seminars
• Accuracy, proficient math, excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Bank products.
• Strong knowledge of account opening process (including CIP, BSA/Fraud).
• Strong decision making skills.
• Aptitude for and interest in understanding software programs.
• A minimum of three (3) years branch customer service experience required.
As an integral member of the Bank and Branch Administration, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to assist the Bank and department in achieving their goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.Why Work Here?
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”
We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://careers-communitybankna.icims.com/jobs/intro Thank you!