Hours/Week: 40 hours Location: US:NY:Olean-Consumer Real Estate Servicing
Minimum Pay Rate: $13.63
Relevant experience and education will be taken into consideration when determining actual starting pay rate.
This position will comply with bank and investor guidelines in the collection of delinquent portfolio and investor consumer real estate loans.
Education, Training and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- PC proficiency (good experience with Windows)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Working knowledge of bank policies/procedures, collection/foreclosure/bankruptcy laws, fair debt collection practices, servicing requirements of various secondary market investors and government agencies.
Collection experience preferred along with mortgage loan processing.
- Collect past due portfolio consumer real estate loans by telephone, or on an isolated occasion in person.
- Collect past due secondary market, such as Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Farmers Home Administration (FmHA), State of New York Mortgage Agency (SONYMA), Federal National Mortgage Association (FnMA), Mortgage Partnership Finance Program (MPF), Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), mortgages by telephone according to each appropriate investor's guidelines. May sometimes meet directly with past due borrower.
- Comply with applicable regulations including the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Prepare and mail notifications to delinquent borrowers per investor, guarantor, insurer, or bank guidelines.
- Monitor bankruptcy accounts to ensure payments are being received according to plan.
- Monitor and handle individual loans from collection up to the foreclosure process if necessary.
- May assist in preparation and monitoring of secondary market pipeline.
- May prepare and distribute secondary and portfolio rates to all lenders bank-wide.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
As an integral member of the Consumer Real Estate Servicing Department, this position is responsible to assist the department, as well as the Bank, in achieving their goals.
Some Saturdays, Evenings and Holidays required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.
Why Work Here?We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”