BPAS Participant Services Representative
Community Bank System, Inc. Spokane, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Hours/Week: 40 hours Location: US:WA:Spokane
Relevant experience and education will be taken into consideration when determining actual starting pay rate.
Hours: Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM M-F
If you enjoy interacting with people, providing outstanding customer service and are looking for a rewarding career, BPAS may be the right place for you! BPAS, Inc. is a national provider of retirement plans, benefit plans, fund administration and collective investment trusts. We service over 3,800 retirement plans and more than 450,000 participants in total.
The BPAS team of Customer Service Representatives is responsible for responding to retirement plan and/or benefit plan (FSA, VEBA, HSA) participant questions and inquiries via phone or e-mail in a polite, professional, knowledgeable manner. You must take pride in and truly enjoy assisting others.
Minimum 2 year degree in Business, Accounting or related field preferred.
• Customer Service experience required, or a degree in lieu of experience.
• Related experience working in some capacity with retirement plans or benefits plans (FSA, VEBA, HSA) also a plus.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
• Highly organized and show an attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments and multitask.
• Display an intermediate level competency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as personal computer skills.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
• Learn and understand industry content. Maintain proficient knowledge of all laws and regulations applicable to this position.
• Learn BPAS Customer Service policies and procedures
• Become proficient with software applications utilized in the position.
• Study for and pass ASPPA (American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries) Retirement Plan Fundamentals Course, as applicable.
• Provide assistance to internal departments.
• As an integral member of the organization, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the department and the Company in achieving their goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website.
Community Bank System, Inc.Why Work Here?
“At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we believe engaging and empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission!”
We're a full-service financial institution, offering all the things much bigger banks offer. But we also have the one thing they don't - a passion for providing the highest level of customer service in whatever we do. "Bank Happy" is more than just our advertising slogan, it's truly the core principle by which we operate. ***In order to be considered an applicant, please complete a formal employment application by clicking on the careers link located on our company website. https://cbna.com/careers/work-happy Thank you!