Position: Mother's Advocate
Summary The primary role of this position is to provide supportive and therapeutic care for chemically dependent women and their children.The outcome achieved through this position will be quality programming for substance abusing women and their children that is provided with efficiency and effectiveness to meet the needs of the special population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care and document clinical activities.
- Provide services to SACOT, SAIOP and OUT- Patient;
- Provides transportation to community-based consumers, to and from treatment;
- Documents routes on transportation logs;
- Ensures van is appropriately maintained, cleaned and fueled;
- Monitors correct use/installation of car seats;
- Conducts quarterly car seat inventory;
- Facilitates treatment orientation;
- Collects random urine drug screens/breathalyzers;
- Observes medication administration of residential consumers while at treatment;
- Attends mini-team meetings, as needed;
- Distributes snacks and monitors snack stock;
- Supervises consumer breaks and lunch times;
- Maintains clothing closet;
- Communicates daily with the team;
- Works on an interdisciplinary team;
- Performs other duties as requested by their supervisor within the scope of the job.
- This position is required to provide monthly reports, document in logs, and provide incident reporting.
- Monthly program reports
o Client log documentation
o Incident Reports
· To be considered for this job, an individual must have a High School diploma or equivalent and one year of work experience preferably in direct healthcare.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Alternatives Inc. is not only committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, but we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive as a company because of it. CAI is proud to attract the most qualified employees regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability (including disabled veterans) or veteran status, in accordance with state and federal laws.