Residential Direct Support Professional (seeking a Community Hero)
Who you are: You feel incomplete. You are an independent individual IMAGINING coming home and feeling AWESOME about what
YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS to help your community. A pay check is fine but something is just missing…
Who we are: the ESTABLISHED 40-year-old not-for-profit with hundreds of employees that all share in the mission to CHANGE
people’s lives in your community.
So, why work for Community Alternatives?
Because you are the HERO who has a passion to help. If from a young age you felt the draw to reach out to those who struggle or
those who cannot help themselves, we ask you to come join a very talent group of individuals who were once like you but have now
made our mission their passion. At Community Alternatives, we empower the people with disabilities to recognize their full
potential and we need your help to continue this critical work for society.
We have EXCELLENT benefits such as:
- A very competitive wage
- Excellent Training and credentialing program
- DOUBLE TIME paid holidays
- Generous Vacation Leave Package
- Paid Extended Sick Leave options
- COMPANY PAID Short term and Long Term Disability insurance benefits
What a Direct Support Professional Does:
- Provide residential supports and living skills training to individuals.
- Create a person-centered environment of support for the individuals in their quest for more independence
- Follow and Address and assist in the individual’s personal care as needed
- Provide skill reinforcement activities in areas that may include activities of daily living, socialization, communication,
exercise, recreation, interpersonal skills, financial matters, civil rights, and self-determination
- Provide training to individuals to maintain current skills, learn new life skills, improve social skills and/or modify behaviors
that would interfere with successful engagement in their community.
What qualifications must I have to apply?
Valid driver’s license for at least three years, acceptable driving history and proof of auto insurance as required. High school diploma
or equivalent required. Ability to pass mandatory drug screens. Ability to pass a criminal history and personal background check.
Join us. Be a part of the SOLUTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Alternatives Inc. is not only committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, but we celebrate it, we support it, and we
thrive as a company because of it. CAI is proud to attract the most qualified employees regardless of age, race, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability (including disabled veterans) or veteran status, in accordance with state
and federal laws.