Housing Development and Revitalization Director
Community Action Partnership of Strafford County Barrington, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Housing Development and Revitalization Director position reports to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer. This is a senior management position responsible for overseeing a number of affordable housing and development projects in various stages of planning and construction. This position will develop, implement and oversee the compliance and regulatory activities in accordance with federal, state and local regulations for housing projects. Duties include but are not limited to proposal presentation and preparation, budget writing and management, oversight of daily operations, reporting, documentation and billing, supervision of staff, board liaison and community relations. This position includes long-term planning and needs a demonstrated ability to manage/supervise seasoned, topic area experts in a collaborative manner to meet agency goals.
- Assist with managing the acquisition, construction, and/or renovation of housing, revitalization and development projects.
- Evaluate feasibility of development opportunities in conjunction with the CFO and CEO including the development of project budgets and schedules.
- Participate in the preparation of financing applications to private, quasi-public, and public funding sources
- Works with team members to identify municipal affordable housing opportunities and responses to RFPs
- Assist colleagues with assembling project teams (architect, civil engineering, legal, others as needed)
- Support efforts to identify and obtain required zoning permits and approvals including applicable state permits.
- Attend construction meetings and oversee the design team, contractor and owner’s construction representative performance and work with senior management on decision-making
- Provide assistance in managing closings of real estate financing and transactions through responding to project checklists
- Prepare project invoices and manage the requisition process
- Assist team members in preparing relocation plans and implementation as required
- Significant proposal and grant writing as well as liaison work with outside professionals (consultants, engineers, architects, attorneys, etc.).
- Maintain a working knowledge of all agency programs and is required to work closely with CAPSC Program Directors.
- Responsible for effectively reporting to the agency's Board of Directors as well as representing the agency at public functions.
- Liaison with property management companies for Academy St. Program, Covered Bridge Manor and Gafney Home.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of five years' experience in construction, real estate development or community planning.
- Familiarity with rental subsidy programs such as HARP, Section 8, VA or HUD 202 programs; and connecting clients to such programs when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage a wide range of vendors and build long-term relationships
- Goal and action-oriented and able to take the initiative without close supervision
- Comfortable being a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside CAPSC
- High energy and passion for CAPSC’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience managing staff
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
*When applying for this job, please be sure to include both a cover letter and a resume. Applicants who do not include a cover letter and a resume will not be reviewed for consideration.
Community Action Partnership of Strafford County
Real EstateView all jobs at Community Action Partnership of Strafford County