- $19 to $23 Hourly
Candidate MUST submit a COMPLETE ADP profile (i.e., education, employment history, etc.). A resume WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED in lieu of a complete candidate profile. Incomplete candidate profiles will be rejected.
This is a TEMP to HIRE position. The candidate selected for this role MUST agree to work through our partner staffing agency and complete the maximum amount of hours before converting to full time regular employment.
ABOUT COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP OF SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County (CAPSBC) is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is one of the 1,100 Community Action Agencies nationwide dedicated to assisting low-income individuals and families become stable and self-sufficient. As the designated Community Action Agency for San Bernardino County, the largest county in the continental United States, CAPSBC is charged with serving over 800,000 low-income families and individuals, elderly and homeless residents of San Bernardino County each year. CAPSBC delivers services to 78 San Bernardino County cities and communities.
Mission: Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County works with our communities by supporting, advocating for, and empowering low-income residents to achieve self-sufficiency.
Vision: By 2021, Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County will be the premier social services Agency that eliminates the effects of poverty by empowering people to obtain the knowledge and skills to achieve self-reliance and economic stability…one life at a time.
Administration Mission: Creating an environment focused on effective leadership, organizational excellence, and professionalism, in supporting quality programs that result in self-sufficiency.
Under the direction of the Manager of Administrative Support, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support services requiring independent judgment and action. Work performed requires a high degree of confidentiality and a substantial level of judgment must be exercised in contact with a cross-section of community groups, employees, board members and other individuals. The Administrative Assistant role is highly visible and may work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, Executive staff, and Department Managers on behalf of the Administration Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with employees, business partners, and management team and maintains a positive attitude.
- Coordinate and manage calendar meetings, appointments, presentations, conferences, and other Agency activities as assigned.
- Assist Executive Assistant with shared responsibilities in support of CEO, Executive staff, Board of Directors, and Department Management
- Screen phone calls, requests, and other interdepartmental inquiries on behalf of the CEO, Executive staff, and Agency Board members. Possess a strong knowledge of departmental programs, Agency activities and policies when fielding calls on behalf of the agency and staff.
- May be asked to independently compose correspondence, letters, reports, and technical materials not directly related to the CEO, Executive staff, or Agency Board members.
- Independently research, compile, tabulate and compute data and organize information, establish and maintain financial correspondence and confidential personnel files, logs, and records.
- Assists with various projects which include researching, compiling, arranging, and computing data; ensures proper and timely completion.
- Attend requested meetings and serve as recording secretary to the CAPSBC Community Action Board; prepare agenda and materials; take and transcribe minutes.
- Review, log, determine priority of, and route correspondence; independently compose correspondence, prepare letters, reports and technical materials regarding matters not requiring the Chief Executive Officer’s personal attention.
- Format and produce complex documents from draft, notes, or voice transcription.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Principles of time management and prioritization
- Effective customer service techniques
- Effective communication and public relations techniques
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite application experience with increasing level of proficiency
- Office procedures and practices, including filing systems, business correspondence, reception and report writing.
- Understand, model and articulate CAPSBC’s commitment to diversity, excellence, and professionalism in all facets of the work.
- Communicate and deal diplomatically and tactfully with persons from varied social, economic, and cultural backgrounds over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Prioritize work and multitask responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications. (i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Operate Agency/personal vehicle for official business purposes in a safe manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree and/or minimum of three (3) years of experience in administrative, where duties included collecting and analyzing information, management support, composing and routing correspondence, maintaining files, records, and preparing agendas.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting, and bending.
- Simple grasping and hand manipulation, as well as reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Requires working indoors in temperature-controlled environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions and some exposure to copies and printer chemicals and/or fumes.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate.
LICENSE, PERSONAL VEHICLE AND EMPLOYER PULL NOTICE PROGRAM
CAPSBC participates in the California Department of Motor Vehicle Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program. Employees must maintain a valid and current California Driver License, be insurable, and have/maintain a safe driving record throughout employment. In addition, employees with a vehicle registered in their name must maintain state mandated personal automobile insurance coverage throughout the course of employment. Employees receive reimbursement per mile for use of his/her personal vehicle for business purposes (excluding driving from home and to work) based on the approved IRS (Internal Revenue Service) mileage rate.
- Medical –Subject to required employee monthly contribution.
- Dental- 100% employer paid for employees.
- Vision and contact lens benefit every two (2) years subject to required employee co-pays and plan option.
- Employer paid Group Life insurance coverage benefit of two (2) times the annual salary up to $200,000 plus AD&D coverage.
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage.
- Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays.
- Vacation benefits do not accrue during the first six (6) months of employment. An employee must successfully complete their six-month evaluative period and then vacation benefits will start accruing and are available for use. Vacation benefits are accrued on a bi-weekly basis as follows:
- 1-5 years (3.08 hours per pay period = 10 days)
- 6-14 years (4.62 hours per pay period = 15 days)
- 15-over (6.15 hours per pay period = 20 days)
- Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.69 hours per pay period for full-time employees.
- 403b retirement program which CAPSBC contributes 6% of employee’s gross salary once the employee meets the program requirements and employees may voluntarily contribute up to the specified Internal Revenue Service Requirements.
- Social Security paid by employees is matched by CAPSBC, as well as Medicare.
- Merit advancements.
LICENSE AND PERSONAL VEHICLE
Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver License, be insurable and have/maintain a safe driving record throughout employment. In addition, employees must have access to a dependable vehicle and maintain state-mandated personal automobile insurance coverage throughout employment. Employees receive reimbursement per mile for use of his/her personal vehicle for business purposes (excluding driving from home and to work) based on the approved IRS mileage rate.
Applicants considered for employment must submit a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Driving Report (dated within the previous ninety calendar days) upon request from the CAPSBC Human Resources Division. An unacceptable DMV Driving Report will result in no further consideration for the position applied for.
CAPSBC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / ADA COMPLIANT EMPLOYER. For further information regarding this position, contact the Human Resources Division at (909) 723-1532.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm; some weekends may be required; some travel may be required.
Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino
696 S Tippecanoe AveSan Bernardino, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.