Customer Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County is seeking a full-time, non-exempt Customer Support Specialist for our Utility Assistance Outreach program. Community Action Partnership’s (CAP) mission is empowering community, driving action, and building partnership to eliminate poverty. The Utility Assistance Customer Support Specialist’s primary role is to be the initial point of contact with utility customers who are seeking financial relief.
CAP offers a competitive compensation package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage phone calls and voicemails for the UA department in a timely manner and provide information and referral to community resources.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to callers, explain possible solutions, manage wait times and ensure that customers feel supported and valued.
- Communicate clearly with others, solve problems, demonstrate patience and understanding, ensure customer satisfaction, and resolve customer complaints while practicing active listening and utilize de-escalation techniques when appropriate.
- Utilize databases/portals to gather information for caller assessment and notate customer accounts with valuable contact information.
- Manage the dedicated utility email box; saving and uploading documents in the online application portal and scan and upload income documents in portal.
- Manage and log all incoming mail; disperse applications to assigned Specialists.
- Work as a backup with LEAP calls as needed.
- Collaborate with Utility Specialist with customer account consultations.
- Represent the Utility Assistance department at public community events.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of customer service experience.
- Experience working with low income families preferred.
- Knowledge of available resources in the local community.
- Proven track record of maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in the face of other’s distress and ability to develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills as well as strong organizational skills, computer skills and multi-task in an autonomous man
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County inc
Get fresh Strategic Partnership Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.