Community Action Corporation of South Texas Alice, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Under general supervision, provides independent acute and/or routine medical care to a specified outpatient population. May supervise support staff in and out-of-hours or remote clinical setting.
1. Obtains detailed history and performs physical examinations on assigned patients; assesses and treats acute/chronic medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population.
2. Performs emergency CPR in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrests.
3.Notifies supervising physician regarding and unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
4.Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
5. Cooperates and helps to coordinate the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
6. Documents progress notes on patient electronic charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required in a timely manner.
7. Provides health education to patients and families; may train and supervise medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities if required.
8. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
9. May perform clinical research related to specific operations as needed.
10. Ordering or performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
11. Formulating a working diagnosis.
12. Developing and implementing a treatment plan.
13. Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions.
14. Offering counseling to meet patient needs.
15. Following meaningful use requirements while giving quality care to patients.
16. Requesting, receiving, and signing for the receipt of pharmaceutical sample prescription medications and distributing the samples to patients in a specific practice setting in which the physician assistant is authorized to prescribe pharmaceutical medications and sign prescription drug orders.
17. Signing or completing a prescription as authorized by Chapter 157, Texas Occupations Code.
18. Making appropriate referrals.
19. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree
- State of Texas Certified Physician's Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
- CPR certified.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment physical and a criminal history background check.
- Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient history.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability is preferred.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Action Corporation of South Texas