LVN Health & Nutrition Specialist
Community Action Corporation of South Texas Sinton, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Hearing and Vision screening
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- USDA/CACFP training
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Child Safety
- Disaster Response
- Attend meetings, staffings, training and professional development activities as directed.
- Attend interagency, organizational and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with outside agencies to advocate for the needs of Head Start families.
- Ensures that pertinent knowledge about families is appropriately shared with staff and professionals in a way that assures confidentiality and increases service coordination.
- Prior two year Head Start experience
- Baccalaureate degree in early childhood education or a related field.
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must pass DFPS background check.
- Must pass pre-employment physical. Obtain Health Certificate annually.
- Within 30 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid certified
- Must attend 24 clock hours of professional development and staff training per year to include training on methods to handle suspected or known child abuse and neglect cases, that comply with applicable federal, state, local and tribal laws, training that builds their knowledge, experience and competencies to improve child and family outcomes and any other trainings as outlined by the Head Start Performance Standards and Minimum Standards from the State of Texas.
- Ability to utilize various agency resources including technology to appropriately answer questions and provide guidance to staff and parents.
- Ability to train and provide presentations to large and small groups.
- Ability to collaborate with and have working knowledge of local community resources related to health and nutrition services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Computer skills, (i.e. creating documents/forms, database/spreadsheet knowledge etc.), internet and e-mail.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish/English).
Physical RequirementsAble to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Working Conditions:Work is performed in a classroom/office setting where minimal exposure to injury exists. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and average at least 40 hrs. Per week. There will be work variations in work hours due to employee special projects, and deadlines.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
HealthcareView all jobs at Community Action Corporation of South Texas