- Posted: over a month ago
Community Action of St. Louis County (CAASTLC) is seeking Weatherization Auditors. We are committed to helping the families and communities of St. Louis County prevent the conditions of poverty for present and future generations.
The Weatherization Auditor conducts home inspections and weatherization energy audits consistent with the requirements and guidance provided by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) program guidelines, BPI (Building Performance Institute) protocols, the SWS (Standard Work Specifications) and CAASTLC policies and procedures.
- Conduct exterior and interior home inspections, including diagnostic testing, blower door, CAZ (Combustion Appliance Zone) testing, and other required testing conducted in accordance with Weatherization program. Identify Health and Safety issues and document all findings.
- Interpret data, test results, and photos to create recommendations to reduce the home's energy consumption. Complete computerized audit using NEAT (National Energy Audit Tool) to create a qualified work order.
- Be responsible for the proper use, maintenance and care of tools, vehicles, supplies and equipment assigned.
- As the agency representative to the public, provide the customer, contractor and CAASTLC with clear and concise correspondence, interaction and reporting as needed for the most effective QA (Quality Assurance) and project experience for each.
- Perform home inspections to determine if any barriers to weatherization services being performed exist. If found, prepare scope of work identifying those barriers for correction by contractor.
- High school diploma or GED (Additional college, trade, or related training preferred)
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance, and possess and maintain a clear driving record.
- Must be familiar with whole house building performance analysis and building science.
- Must have at least one year of experience in construction, home repair, building science, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and/or energy efficiency standards and measures.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and good analytical and reporting skills.
- Must be able to read digital tools, operate computer programs, and perform basic math.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a problem solver, with the ability to think and problem solve on your feet.
- Must be able to travel overnight for agency functions, continuing education and events as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., reach overhead, walk on roofs, drive a vehicle, climb a two-story ladder, and climb through 24" square opening to attics or crawl spaces.
- Must be able to remain on your feet for several hours.
- One year of experience in a weatherization, home energy or healthy homes program is preferred.
- Must obtain OSHA 10 certification within 120 days of hire.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) and Quality Control Inspector (QCI) certifications a plus
- Must pass QCI certification within two years of hire.
If you have the experience and want to be a part of our mission, we'd like to talk with you. Please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, to our Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
Community Action Agency of St. Louis County
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?