Chief Academic Officer
Community Academies of New Orleans Inc New Orleans, LA
- Posted: 15 days ago
Job Description – Chief Academic Officer
Community Academies of New Orleans (“CANO”) is a new charter school management organization created to bring together Esperanza Charter School, Foundation Prep Charter School, and Lafayette Academy Charter School with the ultimate goal of strengthening all three schools. The nonprofit boards that governed Foundation Prep and Choice Foundation voted to establish this partnership in 2019 to benefit from the organizations’ shared values, similar programming, and strong leadership, and set operations of CANO to launch ahead of the 2020-2021 academic year.
CANO’s vision is to build a system of exemplary schools, deeply influenced by our students, families, and communities, with graduates who are committed to being community advocates and leaders. Its mission is to cultivate schools that nurture students’ character and critical thinking ability in responsive learning environments, thereby equipping them to be impactful community leaders. CANO will strive for high academic performance at all our schools while securing partnerships and programming that use community assets to support our schools and students. In doing this, CANO brings a fresh, yet grounded, vision to the New Orleans charter landscape and forges a new path ahead for students, families, and communities alike.
CANO’s Values are:
- INTEGRITY. We always do the right thing.
- TEAMWORK. We work and grow together.
- PASSION. We love our students; our community; our work.
- DIGNITY. We value and respect every member of our community.
- COURAGE. We approach challenges with optimism and confidence.
About the Role
The Chief Academic Officer reports directly to the CEO and has a team of academic leaders as her direct reports including a network wide data and testing coordinator, two curriculum directors to facilitate curriculum implementation across schools, a special education director and English learner director.
About the Opportunity
- Participate as a thought partner to the CEO and help craft overall organizational strategy and goals, with specific ownership of academic objectives
- Ongoing management, development, and evaluation of CMO’s academic team
- Design CMO-wide special education strategy and ensure implementation
- Design CMO-wide services for English Language Learners and ensure implementation
- Design CMO-wide services for students with IEP and 504s and ensure implementation
- Support Curriculum Coordinators as they research and recommend curricula
- Set academic calendar, ensure total instructional minutes, and determine courses offered
- Work in close partnership with Chief of Schools to lead CMO-wide professional development efforts including selecting focus areas, supporting preparation, and facilitating
- Work in close partnership with Chief of Schools to ensure faithful implementation of curricula and data practices by principals and other school leadership
More about CANO
CANO Schools offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies. CANO believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Community Academies of New Orleans is an EEO employer and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation in accordance with federal, state and local laws."
Community Academies of New Orleans Inc
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Community Academies of New Orleans Inc