Summary of Position
Management Consultants provide direct one-on-one managerial assistance to small businesses located throughout our 7 state target market, with primary emphasis in the region around their office location. The incumbent should be passionate about social and economic justice, possess strong financial and management skills, and be excited to work in a team environment serving entrepreneurs that want to start successful businesses or need help to maintain/expand their current business and need help to overcome barriers to their success including limited credit history, limited access to financial/managerial training or education, and lack access to traditional financing options.
Master’s degree is required, with strong preference for a MBA or a Masters in Social Entrepreneurship.
3 years related work experience, business ownership experience preferred; Passionate about social and economic justice; Strong financial and management skills and experience; Excellent facilitation, writing, computer and analysis skill; Ability to work in a team setting.
Must be able to demonstrate experience building trust-based relationships with CU's target client audience which includes under-served entrepreneurs: in the Mississippi River Delta; in rural persistent poverty communities; in the Memphis Metropolitan Area; and others including veteran small business owners, woman-owned businesses, and disabled small business owners.
Preference may be given for candidates with prior experience working with CU’s target client base.
Preference may be given for candidates with experience living or working in CU’s service area.
Summary of Essential Job Duties
- Conduct initial assessment with client to determine the needs, identify any problems and assess the best course of action to assist client in reaching their goals.
- Develop a Scope of Services that clearly outlines the proposed activities, timeline and estimated cost as well as the responsibilities of the client.
- Manage client engagement and communicate immediately any problems to supervisor
- Conduct research (market and industry)
- Connecting client with any other resources both internal (specialized consulting; workshops or training; loans; etc) or external (partners, credit counseling, other)
- Document process, impact and detailed information on each client. Travel to client location to conduct assessment and implementation of project. Coordinate travel to minimize trips and work with supervisor to implement virtual strategies when possible.
- Close projects
- Assist Loan Officer as needed in the preparation of loan packages, loan closings, collection of loan data and in loan monitoring.
- Participate in staff meetings and share learnings, success stories and opportunities with the full team.
- Identify new opportunities for funding, partnership development and deal flow
- Manage partner relationships
- Represent Communities Unlimited at conferences and events
- Track time and expenses in a timely manner.
- Document all work.
- Conduct self-evaluation
Work with supervisor to complete detailed work plans and action plans that are used to manage work and performance.
Tools Used in Job
Computer, internet, smart phone (texting, email, photos, videos, social media, and calls), web- based databases for data-entry, Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Use of additional software for project related activities may be required.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This position will close at 11:59 pm CDT Friday, December 4th, 2020.
This is where we live. This is where we work. These are our communities. We work side by side with individuals, communities and organizations to make opportunities accessible to everyone, everywhere.
Communities Unlimited, IncCommunities Unlimited serves seven states in the southern United States, an area with many rural communities, a high minority population, high poverty and food insecurity. This is the place that what you look like, or how much money you have should not determine access to opportunities. This is where we live. This is where we work. These are our communities. We work side by side with individuals, communities and organizations to make opportunities accessible to everyone, everywhere.