Chief Executive Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for implementing the strategic goals and objectives of the organization, assisting the board president in enabling the board to fulfill its governance function and to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives through the overall development and operation of the Communities In Schools of North Texas (CISNT) program.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of five years' experience managing or directing a fast paced, high energy, growth oriented governmental, non-profit or for-profit sector service delivery organization
- Experience securing and maintaining funds, as well as experience planning, directing and expanding an organization's program and budgets
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Discretion over all aspects of the day to day financial and program operations of the organization, as delegated by the board of directors
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant business, human resources and financial matters
- Strong administrative skills to lead and develop a diverse team of professionals with wide ranging responsibilities, professional expertise, and job duties
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong financial management skills required
- Strong technology use, development and implementation skills required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fast changing environment and be multi-tasked oriented
- Skills necessary to be successful in fund raising and grant writing
- Ability to serve as the primary public relations face of the organization
- Model a commitment towards the CISNT mission for staff, board and volunteers
- Frequent travel within Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex and occasional statewide and national travel
- Consistent daily attendance
- Mental demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Board of Directors Coordination
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for coordinating all financial and program operations with the Board of Directors. This includes the assurance that all members are informed of budgetary issues, program status and fundraising opportunities.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for hiring appropriate staff for all CISNT positions. The individual is also responsible for assigning employee duties and managing and supervising all employees.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for developing or overseeing development of all program planning including the Annual Operations Plan, Five Year Strategic Plan, Resource Development Plan, Mid-Year Report and the Annual Final Report and ensuring that all necessary reports are submitted to authorities in a timely manner.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for ensuring that staff follows all policies approved by the board. The individual is responsible for the assurance that all staff members comply with the established plans such as Fiscal Controls, Volunteer Plan, Self-Evaluation Plan and File Maintenance Plan.
Fund Raising and Grant Writing
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for leading resource development staff and volunteers required to achieve the strategic goals of the organization. The individual is responsible for overseeing grants development efforts to foundations, state and federal funders and corporations.
Fiscal Controls and Budget Management
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for overseeing the creation an annual budget, ensuring board approval and ongoing monitoring of expenditures and revenues. The individual will advise the board of opportunities for long fiscal improvements that will strengthen the organization overall.
The individual is responsible for assigning employee duties and managing and supervising all employees.
Computer, FAX, copier, digital projector, digital camera, VCR, other specialized equipment that is particularly unique to the position
Communities In Schools of North Texas
BusinessView all jobs at Communities In Schools of North Texas