Day Support Specialist for Autism Program
- $19 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Join our Autism Program in Wakefield, MA and help make a positive impact on the lives of others!
Who we are…
Communitas is dedicated to delivering individualized, family-centered services, programs, and support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, throughout their lifespan and in their communities.
What you will do…
Day Support Specialists are responsible for teaching communication, social and daily living skills by supporting individuals who may need more intense supports in a 2:1 or 1:1 ratio setting. This is a great opportunity to mentor individuals to enhance independence. Successful applicants will be creative thinkers who can adapt their own interests, such as art, music, and health & fitness, to teach individuals new skills.
- The rate of pay is $19.00 per hour.
- This is a full-time 30 hour position, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Pay increase after 1 year of service, pending a performance evaluation.
- 3 weeks of vacation, 1 week of sick time, 12 holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonus of up to $500!
- Competitive tiered pay rates based on years of service.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance, employer paid life Insurance, and long term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan
You can make a difference by…
- Ensuring activities and training for the individual that enhances their Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and specialized service need areas with focus on continual improvement and/or maintenance of their abilities in coordination with all relevant support plans.
- Developing and implementing activities that promote personal choice, community inclusion, dignity, and respect while enhancing personal skill development. Providing transportation as requested by Director.
- Actively participating in interventions, providing positive, knowledgeable support to employees and managers, ensuring crisis plans and behavior support plans are followed.
- Providing personal care and assistance to individuals consistent with both their physical needs and defined support plans.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma is required, a bachelor’s degree in Human Services or a related field is preferred.
- At least one year of experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities is preferred, a passion and dedication to supporting our people is a must.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check including references, CORI, and fingerprinting.
Powered by JazzHR
Communitas, Inc.Wakefield, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.