Design Engineer - Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- Posted: July 01, 2022
Communications Electronics (CE) offers the most current wireless communications technology available, including in-building (DAS) coverage solutions, wireless broadband, Motorola Two-Way Radios, and integrated security solutions. We use wireless technologies to connect people in the moments that matter.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of in-building systems (IBS) for wireless enhancement providing indoor coverage for mobile telephone carriers, DAS, public safety systems, private radio systems, WLAN, and similar mobile systems. Additionally, the Design Engineer will be responsible for the technical relationship with select manufacturers and for developing and performing training sessions for internal personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Support a company culture of peer accountability
- Design WLAN, mesh, point-to-point (PTP), and point-to-multipoint (PMP) wireless data solutions in both licensed and unlicensed bands
- Design outdoor early warning systems
- Commission, integrate, troubleshoot, test, and maintain IBS and wireless data systems including coordination with carriers, jurisdictions, and other associated parties
- Perform site walks of job sites to collect information required for potential solutions
- Support project managers, installation teams, and field technicians
- Support the sales team as Sales Engineer
- Technical liaison to Enterprise customers (in support of sales and PM)
- Interface with wireless service providers (WSP), public safety operators and other network operators for the design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of IBS and wireless data systems
- Maintain key technical relationships with select manufacturers and partners
- Develop and implement internal training
- Obtain security clearances and badges as required
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent, preferred
- 2 years of experience as a Design Engineer, preferred
- Advanced CIBET certification
- iBwave Level 1 certification
- Full competency with a spectrum analyzer, site analyzer, and PIM equipment
- Certification on 2 or more fiber DAS manufacturers
- Competent knowledge of two-way radio systems and outdoor early warnings systems
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Ability to work in a constant state of mind and alertness
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Communications Electronics promotes a collaborative atmosphere where people can contribute ideas to impact the business positively and provides a pathway for career and personal growth. Our robust benefits package includes Healthcare, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for personal enrichment. We also encourage and sponsor multiple community service and outreach activities throughout the year.
Communications Electronics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Communications Electronics values, celebrate, and enact diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileDo you have a valid driver's license?* No answerYesNo What's your highest level of education completed? No answerGED or EquivalentHigh SchoolSome CollegeCollege - AssociatesCollege - Bachelor of ArtsCollege - Bachelor of Fine ArtsCollege - Bachelor of ScienceCollege - Master of ArtsCollege - Master of ScienceCollege - Master of Fine ArtsCollege - Master of Business AdministrationCollege - DoctorateMedical DoctorOther Desired salary* Earliest start date?* References: Please enter names and contact information: Preferred Office Location:* -- No answer --Timonium, MDJessup, MDFairfax, VAOpen to all locations Do you have experience with system design, documentation, and topologies?* Yes No Do you have experience designing In-Building Solutions/Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)?* Yes No Are you iBwave certified?* Yes No Have you ever been an employee of Communications Electronics?* Yes No If yes, please provide the date(s) and job title: Have you ever been terminated from employment or asked to resign by an employer?* Yes No If yes, please provide the company name(s) and details of the resignation or termination: Do you have reliable transportation?* Yes No Do you have a clean driving record?* Yes No Are you able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds?* Yes No Are you currently legally authorized to work in the United States?* Yes No Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States?* Yes No I hereby certify that all of the information provided by me in this application (or any other accompanying or required documents) is correct, accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the falsification, misrepresentation, or omission of any facts in said documents will be cause for denial of employment or immediate termination of employment regardless of the timing or circumstances of discovery.* Yes No I hereby authorize any and all schools, former employers, references, courts, and any others who have information about me to provide such information to CE and/or any of its representatives, agents, or vendors and I release all parties involved from any and all liability for any and all damage that may result from providing such information.* Yes No The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 5/31/2023 Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition. Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
TechnologyView all jobs at Communications Electronics