Director of Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Information Technology Director
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
CDG is searching for an experienced Information Technology Director who can provide technical leadership and management oversight for our technology infrastructure and IT personnel. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and implement the goals and objectives needed to ensure CDG’s technology infrastructure is aligned with the company’s goals of growth and expansion.
The IT Director will be responsible for designing our future technology roadmap, developing network and system operational procedures, managing budgets and associated vendor relationships, managing the IT staff and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest IT technologies that could help the company succeed. Additionally, this position will be responsible for delivering effective operations of the department through program delivery, process improvements and coordination/integration of interdepartmental processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Technology / Strategy
- Participates and directs research into solutions designed to support CDG’s existing and future IT and operational infrastructure needs.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining and implementing plans and processes agreed to by senior management.
· Ensures the necessary disaster recovery, business continuity plans, data back-up procedures, and information security / control structures are in place.
· Ensures that the IT infrastructure meets performance and reliability standards.
- Ensures that IT and operations staff are providing the necessary levels of support to CDG employees and customers.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment.
· Provides oversight and leadership for IT and Operations staff.
- Constantly evaluates the effectiveness of IT and Operations staff and recommends and develops strategies for improvement.
- Coordinates resources and timetables to ensure established deadlines for identified projects are met or exceeded.
- Ensures established system policies and procedures are enforced and reviewed and modified as needed, and that new written system policies and procedures are implemented as needed.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting and training new employees.
- Develops personal growth opportunities for themselves and their employees that encourage and include (when appropriate) educational workshops and professional certifications.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate or bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field required. Five or more years of IT work experience with at least 3 years of management experience. Experience with modern cloud computing solutions such as AWS or Microsoft Azure and related technologies preferred. Strong project management and process development experience preferred. Industry certifications preferred.
- Data center operations
- Cloud transformation experience
- AWS, Azure of GDC experience and knowledge
- Staff management and acquisition
- Strategic planning
- Developing budgets
- Technical background and understanding
- Cyber security expertise
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Works well with other organizational components
- Works independently requiring minimal oversight
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
Communications Data Group, Inc
Delivering scalable, innovative billing and operational management solutions used by national carriers, regional and rural service communications service providers, electric and other utility providers. While CDG is in a significant growth phase with a fast paced environment, we are committed to maintaining a family friendly work/life balance.
2107 S Neil StreetRantoul, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Communications Data Group, Inc