CATV Aerial Field Supervisor - Rahway, NJ
Communications Construction Group, LLC (CCG) is a leading provider of construction and maintenance services to the telecommunications industry. CCG can handle all phases of fiber and coaxial construction. From the initial planning and design through construction of the distribution plant, installations, proof-performance testing, and on-going maintenance. For almost 40 years, we've been building a reputation for quality, service and safety.
The CATV Aerial Field Supervisor is responsible for coordination, delegation, supervision and quality control of onsite work including responsibility for performance and productivity of all aerial/underground construction crews.
- Responsible for performing field inspections of cable/fiber/coax placement, splicing and construction work.
- Assist in building out/upgrading both underground and aerial aspects of the network
- Conduct pre-survey of construction packages
- Read and interpret CATV construction drawings and blueprints
- Track daily production for crew and achieve schedule demands at all times
- Completes walk-through with foreman and customer
- Keep the Project Manager and customer updated on progress of project
- Evaluate crew member's performance and provide coaching
- Responsible for workforce compliance with all safety regulations including all OSHA requirements.
- Interact with subcontractors and field personnel regarding work completion, and resolve conflicts when necessary.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and inventory control of all on-site equipment and tools.
- Review and authorize daily work reports.
- At times, may be required to perform work along with field personnel.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of Aerial/Utility CATV construction
- Working knowledge of engineering work prints, ability to understand and interpret construction documents.
- Knowledge of outside plant safety procedures
- Ability to direct crews and communicate with teammates and customers
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Etc
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, solve problems & make effective decisions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement