- Expired: May 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The function of the Field Engineer is to act as the mobile field service engineer on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with engineering staff members, Response Center, and logistics to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain maximum customer satisfaction.
The Field Engineer installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment., identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends products or services which best fit the customers’ needs. Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications in area of specialty or 3-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity, leadership and latitude is expected.
Leadership and Management
- Represent CCSI in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Identify wasteful or inefficient practices and other unnecessary expenses.
- Ensure that workers are following all safety guidelines, reports violations to management.
- Have a thorough understanding of Entitlement and Under-entitlement pertaining to service contracts and coverage levels.
- Has a thorough understanding of and practices techniques to prevent ESD damage to components.
- Perform remedial repair activities on customer site.
- Perform hardware installations.
- Perform assignments as directed by Response Center Technicians or senior technical staff.
- Require infrequent backline support while performing remedial activities on-site.
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures.
- Provide the support required to close service events promptly, within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer (“fix the customer”)
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates.
- As needed, communicates frequently with customers and other CCSI personnel
- Validating actual problem and validating correct parts to be used for service
- Effective 'debrief' and reporting of service call for future enhancements
- Travel to and from customer locations (usually by car), documenting work activity and maintaining administrative paperwork.
- Arrive to work, job sites, and meetings on time and prepared
- Software training including, but not limited to, servers, storage and networking equipment.
- Hardware training including, but not limited to servers, storage and networking equipment.
- Test various parts used for service
- Ongoing training to enhance individual technical competency
- Train other engineers
- Ability to work with and enhance the team (synergy) concept
- Follow company guidelines for SLA (Service Level Agreement) for responding to customer calls.
- Follow Company Procedure for Parts Supply for Customer Service.
- Follow appropriate procedures, either Software or Hardware, to resolve the issue
- Communicate issue and problem resolution notes back to Response Center
- Submit request for parts required for customer issue resolution as per the Parts Request Procedure
- Work within established guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner. Appropriate customer facing dress required.
- Perform any other duties assigned
- Integrity and Honesty
- Professional Appearance
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude.
- Minimum directly related experience of 3-5 years
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, current auto insurance policy, with a Good Driving Record
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Technical Certifications
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certified with specialty in routing/switching and wireless technologies preferred.
Communication Consulting Services Inc
EngineeringView all jobs at Communication Consulting Services Inc