POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individual, group, and family therapy to identified clients at off-site locations. Off-site locations include schools, homes, DCBS offices, and residential facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree in clinical or counseling psychology (Certification in KY); Masters Degree in social work (CSW or LCSW required); or Masters Degree in related area with required credentials through appropriate state board. One-year experience in diagnosis and treatment of emotionally disturbed children preferred. Must provide own transportation to locations of service delivery.
SKILL SETS: Demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills. Possesses a basic knowledge of computers. Other demonstrated skills are problem analysis, resolution and superior customer service skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Must have visual acuity sufficient to read a variety of written reports and documents. Must have auditory acuity sufficient to understand spoken communications by phone and face-to-face with clients, staff, and outside resources. Must also have speaking ability sufficient to be understood clearly. Possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens, biohazardous waste, and communicable diseases during contact with clients in their homes.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts individual, group, and/or family therapy and crisis intervention as clinically indicated.
- Performs intake assessment, completes diagnostic psychosocial evaluations, and performs (or arranges) for psychological testing, and develops treatment plans.
- Provides case coordination and participates in collaboration on treatment plans as needed.
- Ensures timely completion of all required documentation for medical records and billing purposes.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of client care.
- Consults as needed with administrative and/or clinical supervisor regarding clinical issues, policy, and procedures.
- Exercises sound clinical and ethical judgement in treatment decisions and responsibilities.
- Assists in developing and maintaining referral network within community.
- Provides consultation and education as needed to community groups, schools, and agencies.
- Communicates with managed care case review staff and other third party payers for coordination and authorization of treatment as needed. .
- Manages work schedule to ensure adequate productivity.
- Participates in agency continuing quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Communicare Services, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Attends mandatory in-services and other training/educational programs as required.
Communicare Services, Inc.