ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR: Manager MH Services FLSA STATUS: E
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direct behavioral health care counseling and consultation services to Communicare consumers.
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree in clinical or counseling psychology, Masters Degree in social work, or other Masters Degree in behavioral health field licensed and credentialed by appropriate board. Experience with severely mentally ill clients preferred.
SKILL SETS: Demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills. Possesses a basic knowledge of computers. Other demonstrated skills are problem analysis, resolution and superior customer service skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Visual acuity necessary for updating files and completing documents. Requires frequent stooping and kneeling. Hearing and talking necessary to answer phone and talk with employees, clients, members of their family, or other professionals. Works while walking, standing, and sitting. Manual dexterity is required to perform computer functions. Possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens, biohazardous waste, hazardous waste, and communicable diseases.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
1. Make referrals to appropriate levels of care and additional services as needed.
2. Consult with referral sources to coordinate and collaborate on treatment plans as needed.
3. Exercises sound clinical and ethical judgment in treatment decisions and responsibility.
4. Develops therapeutic, supportive relationships with severely mentally ill client population.
5. Follows all applicable regulatory guidelines.
6. Assists with the development and implementation of Therapeutic Rehabilitation activities.
7. Participates in diagnostic and treatment planning meetings.
8. Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
9. Assists in the evaluation of program referrals.
10. Performs psychological testing or refers for testing as needed.
11. Facilitates voluntary hospital admissions when clinically indicated and within the guidelines of the referral hospital.
12. Maintains professional conduct to facilitate coordination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
13. Participate in agency CQI activities.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Adheres to Communicare Services, Inc. policies and procedures
2. Attends mandatory inservice and other training/educational programs as required
Communicare Services, Inc.