Quality Engineer (6800)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Assurance Lead
About the company:
Company is specialized in the manufacturing of small diameter polyethylene pipe for water, wastewater, gas and conduit applications. Currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to work out of our Rockaway, NJ manufacturing location. This role will be responsible for supervising the inspection, testing, and monitoring all incoming raw materials, production/QA processes, and finished goods to ensure compliance to jurisdictional, customer and company standards.
Full Job Description:
Schedule: 8 hour day shift, Monday to Friday
- Working knowledge with various applicable Industry Standards
- Working knowledge and training in ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditing.
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point). Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system a must.
- Supervise QA staff including hiring, wage and performance reviews, and corrective actions. Direct work to ensure it meets established procedures and standards. Includes all incoming, in-process and finished product inspecting and testing.
- Ensure proper training of staff and orientation of all new departmental staff.
- Maintain the Quality Program directly at the plant level and in cooperation with Senior Management. Responsible for the facilitation of the Annual Quality Management Review.
- Responsible for leading the efforts to routinely renew our ISO certification and maintain other jurisdictional standards as required (CSA, ASTM, Factory Mutual, NSF, etc.). Conducts ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audits and facilitates other external audits (Customer, regulatory bodies, etc.).
- Review and address all internal QA related incident reports with the Plant Management Team, identify trending and corrective/preventative action requirements.
- Interface with external/internal customers and external suppliers on matters concerning customer complaints. Lead the External/Internal Non-Conformance review process in a timely and effective manner, resolving customer issues with corrective actions that suggest permanent solutions to limit any possibility of reoccurrence; and present them to other facilities and management.
- Reviews applicable Industry Standards and collaborate with Engineering; and enforces them.
- Facilitates Annual submission of samples for product certifications.
- Conducts/facilitates Top 3 Defects meetings, or similar, based on data analysis.
- Manages and maintains gauge and test equipment calibrations/MSA/GRR.
- Conducts process validations/verifications using Statistical techniques.
- Prepares Material Test Reports/Certificates to Customer and monthly QA Reports to management.
- Conducts QA related and continuous improvement trainings to Operations (Procedures, ISO 9001, BIQC, basic statistical and world class manufacturing techniques.
- Acting as company liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Provide cost effective purchasing of supplies and services for the Department.
- Participate in department projects and continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency of tasks and reduce costs.
- Prepares and maintains procedures and instructions and conduct all work according to established procedures, policies, and standards.
- Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment.
- Other duties/tasks as determined by manager.
- HS Diploma. Bachelor degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of previous related experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of experience (manufacturing and QA), education and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- ISO 9001 experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience required.
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills enabling multi-tasking, prioritizing work, and exercising initiative to ensure an efficient and quality level of service and continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; analytical and data driven.
- Working knowledge in basic Quality Tools, MSA, SPC, Problem Solving techniques, Lean manufacturing techniques.
Commtech Services Inc
Get fresh Lead Quality Assurance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.