Director of Nursing
Commonwealth Senior Living Willow Grove, PA
- Posted: April 01, 2021
**Please note that you MUST have an LPN license to apply.
The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active for as long as possible. Assist the resident and his or her family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. The Resident Care Director is responsible for practicing according to the State Board of Nursing within the scope of practice for his or her licensure and always in compliance with state regulations.
- Holds a current valid nursing license (RN or LPN) in the state where the community is located or has ability to present proof of application for licensure.
- Experience providing resident care to the elderly, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- Ability to manage the budget for their department, including personnel and other financial responsibilities.
- Acceptable driving record.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to show sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of the elderly and their families.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a personal computer, for the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high level of job performance.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Ensure all Commonwealth Senior Living clinical policies are followed, including assessments, service plans, resident care, medication management, and infection control.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model our core values with an interest in care.
- Ensure the completion of assessments on all residents, as required by Commonwealth Senior Living policies and state requirements.
- Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets, and state law.
- Oversees training programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census, act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals
- Ability to drive a company vehicle (required driver) and other duties as assigned
Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. This position requires a variety of physical demands, including the potential for lifting greater than 50 lbs. Long stretches on one’s feet, walking around is to be expected.
We are looking for a nurse leader who is focused on people - the residents and the care team staff. The Director of Nursing is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active. They assist the resident and their family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Often the Director of Nursing acts as a liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. This position may be responsible for residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care at a community. They work with their nursing team to coordinate resident care, resident activities and grow an extraordinary group of individuals through hiring, training and scheduling community staff. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It’s Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
This key role is eligible for a lucrative incentive program, including earning a longevity bonus after 5 years of service! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a two consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Current RN or LPN license
- Experience providing care to seniors would be ideal
- Experience with resident assessment and care planning
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confirmed leadership experience – able to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to show sincere compassion and demonstrate genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of seniors and their families
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out
- Coordinate department schedule and ensure adequate staffing
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living’s Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
Commonwealth Senior Living
AddressWillow Grove, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at Commonwealth Senior Living