At Commonwealth, you will help shape how an organization makes decisions on a global scale. We want to build a world where it is easy to easily shape blockchain-based organizations.
Our technology will help to underpin decision making for projects and protocols at the cutting edge of computation, financial, and legal infrastructure. Products built at Commonwealth will serve as the rails for mass, global coordination. As a Blockchain Engineer within our core team, you'll be developing and enhancing the set of smart contracts that underpin our entire ecosystem.
We are a highly technical team, including the founders
Almost all the work we do is open-source, free-to-use
We are addressing a unique problem with the potential to improve how blockchains and future organizations make decisions.
We are working on a rapidly evolving decentralized tech stack
- Research and drive high-level decisions about Commonwealth protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep abreast of the nascent and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and introduce innovative functionality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Gather and analyze Commonwealth usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Understanding of blockchain technology and cryptoeconomic protocols
- Ability to write very high quality, well-tested code
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the Commonwealth mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering with a system programming language such as C++, Golang, or Rust
- Knowledge of Solidity, assembly, and the EVM
- Experience programming in Rust
- Experience building cryptographic and distributed protocols
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill and transportation reimbursement
- Great office conveniently located in Lower Manhattan
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Work from anywhere in the world
Commonwealth is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We are one of the first companies to offer a liquid digital asset, CMW, as part of our compensation package