The Property Manager is independently responsible for the daily operations and leadership of an assigned commercial real estate portfolio that consists of one or more of the following property types: office, medical, flex space, retail, and industrial. This position ensures the long-term occupancy of the properties by providing the highest possible level of customer service to tenants and maintaining the appearance of the assigned properties to company standards.
The Property Manager is also responsible for achieving the highest possible net operating income, without compromising the quality of the property's appearance or level of customer service to tenants. Property Manager will manage tenant relationships, property operations and costs, approved capital expenditures and the tenant improvement process for assigned properties. The Property Manager will also assist leasing reps and brokers showing space to prospective tenants and will provide direction and training to administrative and technical personnel as necessary to meet all Commonwealth Commercial Partners standards. Property Manager will assist and proactively collaborate with other CCP team members as required and successfully completes all assigned projects as directed and required from time to time.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Property Inspection and Maintenance: Regularly inspect and evaluate all building components, equipment, systems and grounds to ensure that the appearance and operation of the properties meet CCP standards. Coordinate routine technical service/response, 3rd party vendors and emergency response activities, as required. Proactively develop, enhance and maintain emergency procedures and preventive maintenance programs. Actively participate in the capital planning process.
· Customer Service/Tenant Interface: Ensure all CCP customers know you can assist them in their real estate needs. Establish and execute an annual Customer Service plan. Manage the move-in process to CCP’s standards and tenant’s satisfaction. Visit tenants regularly and maintain a positive, productive and professional relationship. Complete documents pertaining to lease administration and coordinate all required activities with the Lease Administrator. Assist with tenant renewals, expansions and contractions including coordination of move-outs.
· Work Orders: Fully utilize the work order system, as it relates to your portfolio, to ensure that tenant service calls are handled to 100% customer satisfaction.
· Contracts: Negotiate contracts with outside vendors to provide services as required. Ensure that work performed by contractors is performed timely and appropriately. Meet CCP requirements regarding bidding and insurance levels. Ensure the portfolio you are assigned meets/exceeds all CCP internal audit standard requirements.
· Budgets/Financial Control: Develop and manage the annual budgets for assigned properties ensuring that the properties operate within budget and achieve / exceed targeted NOI. Increase revenue, proactively control costs, and maximize property leaseability. Approve all payable invoices. Review monthly operating reports and explain budget variances. Review quarterly trial balances and ensure proper allocation of service costs. Manage collection of accounts receivable and tenant default situations. Monitor Real Estate taxes and evaluate possible appeals.
· Tenant Improvements: Handle TI as assigned/directed, following all appropriate protocols. Provide required project status updates and participate in tenant improvement reviews. Coordinate progress meetings and/or project planning to stay within schedules and on budget. Manage job cost/tracking sheets, punch lists and close out projects.
· Activity and Status Reports: In conjunction with accounting, lease administration and asset management, prepare and deliver accurate, timely and complete financial reports pursuant to CCP standards and PMA requirements. Forecasts management plans and prepares weekly updates and monthly performance reports, providing all necessary detail and variance explanations including property activities and tenant relations.
· Risk Management: Lead effort to minimize exposure and losses. Obtain certificates of insurance and waivers from tenants, contractors, suppliers and other third-parties and assure adherence to safety guidelines pertinent to property visitors, tenants and employees. Direct employee participation in company workplace illness and injury prevention programs and assure adherence to accident avoidance initiatives. Provide post-accident follow-up including reporting, investigation and liaison for insurance, legal and incident prevention purposes.
Qualifications / Education / Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 6+ years of commercial property management and tenant improvement experience with demonstrated track record of success.
· Experience managing engineers / techs, third-party vendors, and contractors.
· Well-developed analytical, interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Self-starter with strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
· Skilled at delivering superior customer service to tenants and clients.
· Computer proficiency with strong knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new business specific software programs as needed; Yardi experience a plus.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or business owners, tenant groups.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints in a timely manner.
· Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team of assertive personalities.
· Valid drivers’ license and personal transportation.
· State real estate license a plus.
· CPM, CFM, or RPA designation a plus.
· Project Management experience a plus: Working knowledge of construction processes and AIA contracts, RFI’s, change orders, invoice processing, drawings, specifications and terminology.
Commonwealth Commercial Partners, LLC
Why Work Here?Commonwealth Commercial Partners, LLC is a Virginia based premier commercial real estate firm providing a complete range of transaction, management and consulting services since 1996. Our unique methodologies and strategies help us consistently meet and exceed our client’s expectations and objectives. Commonwealth Commercial Partners, LLC has offices in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida.
Premier Commercial Real Estate Service