Are you seeking your next challenge? This opportunity might just be your next big move, CCA is seeking a Teradata Developer in our growing IT Department.
The Teradata Developer, under the general supervision of the Applications Development Manager, this role is responsible for programming and integrating various data and software systems to improve quality and efficiency across CCA's organization. The Teradata Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of data processes, this includes ETL processes that pull data from sources including claims data, enrollment data and clinical patient applications data. This developer will work in a team environment with 5-6 other database and/or software developers.
- Providing solutions for data driven applications involving large and complex data.
- Designing, develop and support application solutions with a focus on Teradata architecture and its utilities such as Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast export, TPump and BTEQ.
- Writing technical procedures and documentation for the application interfaces developed.
- Working in an object-oriented, multi-developer environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- Partnering closely with business users and PMO to review requirements. Develop, recommend and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements.
- Providing emergency support as necessary, including after-hours.
- Analyzing, documenting, and performing system configuration and setup as well as integration and system testing for both externally developed and in-house developed applications.
- Troubleshooting issues with existing systems and resolve.
- Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Providing assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Acting as a mentor to other developers.
- You've graduated from college/university with a 4-year degree
- You have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience with Teradata V13/14/15Development Strong SQL and Data Analysis
- You are highly experienced in ETL using Teradata Utilities in a Windows/Unix/Linux environment
- You've had exposure to performance tuning within a Teradata environment (SQL, Viewpoint, Explains). Providing solutions for data driven applications involving large and complex data
- You have a track record of designing, developing and supporting application solutions with focus on Teradata architecture and its utilities like Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast Export, TPump and BTEQ
- You have deep expertise engaging business stakeholders and apt at business engagement and requirement discovery.
- You work effectively with remote locations including onsite offshore stakeholder streams
- You possess solid experience in teradata stored procedures, macros, and functions Very strong in writing SQL, code reviews, and performance tuning techniques
- You propose best practices and opt for changes in the upgraded versions Knowledge of limitations in Teradata and should be able to propose workarounds/alternate solutions
- You have experience in change management
- You have strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux scripting and understanding shell scripts Effective communication and listening skills
- You love helping people, creating solutions and working with like minded individuals, healthcare experience is highly valued.
You have A+ customer service and documentation skills, outlining procedures and write system requirements.
You work calm and constructive under pressure and meeting deadlines; comprehensive knowledge of current and prior versions of MS Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook; Windows Server and MS Exchange user account management; a background in and knowledge of operating procedures of not-for-profit corporations; and the ability to manage and keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously.
Does this sound like you? If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply today.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision plans with low employee contributions
- A generous paid time off program
- 403(b) with company match
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
Thank you for taking the time to learn about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
Commonwealth Care Alliance