Sales Associate, Commonfund Capital Business Development Group
- Posted: over a month ago
- $93,000 to $95,000 Yearly
Commonfund Capital has invested more than $18.0 billion in committed capital since our founding in 1988. With a dedicated staff of over 50 and offices in the US, Europe and Asia, we believe we partner with some of the world’s leading investment managers to offer a suite of private investment programs across private equity, venture capital, real assets and sustainability, including secondary and co-investment solutions.
The Sales Associate will be a key member of the Commonfund Capital Business Development Group providing support to the firm’s Private Capital sales capabilities. The Associate will be involved in all facets of the sales process including supporting senior sales professionals by assisting with the identification of business prospects, helping to advance opportunities, and helping to close business. The Associate will assist the team by searching industry media and publications reports; developing marketing projects; organizing research and materials for RFP and/or finals presentations among other responsibilities. The Associate will promote efficient and effective processes though a clear understanding of the systems available to the group. The Associate will support the sales activities to prospects which include, endowments, foundations, family offices, RIAs, insurance companies, and defined benefit plans.
This role focuses on institutional organizations throughout North America and Canada with most of the contact taking place via telephone, social media, online meetings, and local/on-site meetings. This Associate will act as the primary liaison between Commonfund’s sales/service team and internal and external clients and prospects to enhance our visibility and ensure high quality standards are maintained. Possessing a solid understanding of a professional investment environment, the successful candidate must be task and detail-oriented with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively manage the aspects of the Business Development Group.
This position can be based in our Wilton, CT or New York City office.
- Support sales efforts converting qualified prospects:
- Coordinate internal meeting resources (i.e., investment & risk management teams) with clients/ prospects
- Conduct comprehensive pre-meeting research
- Compile and produce meeting materials/research/pitchbooks
- Communicate with marketing, sales/service, and investment personnel to ensure adequate briefing on new business opportunities
- Coordinate follow-up requests and action items from client and prospect meetings
- Ensure client communications and materials adhere to Commonfund compliance policies and procedures
- Support organization and enterprise initiatives related to sales and marketing functions:
- Network at industry conferences and Commonfund sponsored events, where appropriate, to strengthen current relationships and develop connections with prospects
- Work closely with Marketing to coordinate sales events
- Assist in the preparation and execution of territory sales plans
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and projects as needed
- Support potential accounts for prospect identification, lead qualification and opportunity development:
- Research prospect institutions with primary focus on trustees, investment staff, and other decision makers (e.g., consultants)
- Generate and qualify leads through calling effort; establish “know your client” information; and, post to CRM system for Compliance approval. Manage pipeline activity and campaign events/marketing materials
- Record all activities and opportunities within CRM system for use in ongoing territory analysis, marketing efforts and ad-hoc campaigns
- Four-year degree is required
- 3 years of prior experience in financial marketing or sales support-oriented role
- Series 7, 31 and 63 licenses required within 90 days
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate a passion for sales; strong understanding of financial marketplace; entrepreneurial, detailed, dynamic, and highly motivated
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, phone, writing and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of verbal and digital presentation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of a client or prospect organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
BusinessView all jobs at Commonfund
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?