Quality Assurance Analyst
The Quality Assurance Analyst will review documentation captured at account opening of new consumer accounts and processed loans to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal procedures and policies. The QA Analyst will prepare necessary reports for management, will lead optical scanning responsibilities and will assist with special projects for the Risk Management Department.
· Review documentation for the following processes to ensure completion and accuracy consistent with the credit union policies and procedures:
o New member consumer accounts.
o Completed member consumer loans.
· Complete Quality Assurance (QA) review on documentation to determine and create the following:
o Required revisions to be reported to and acted upon by appropriate employee.
o Status reports.
o Trending analysis of recurring deficiencies and issues.
· Work with appropriate manager and/or employee to identify root cause of deficiencies, ensure timely revisions to file errors/deficiencies, and ensure final resolution to help mitigate repeat findings.
· Ensure accurate reporting and trending analysis of deficiencies, resolutions, open items and remedial actions.
· Use information from a variety of internal and external sources to complete reviews and analysis.
· Proactively seek opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the QA process.
· Receive, and fulfill all requests for information under Subpoena from various law enforcement agencies.
· Assist the Compliance Officer in review and decision of Deceased Notification Workflows. When needed provide guidance on proper procedures for filing Deceased Notifications to include needed documentation.
· Perform monthly review of the following areas and issue a report of findings:
o File Maintenance reviews to ensure changes to critical data elements are for legitimate business purposes and properly documented
o OFAC checks performed on all Cashier’s Checks issued
o Denied Loans for compliance with pertinent regulations
· Loan Exceptions for compliance with lending policies and to ensure that exceptions which are outside of guidelines are properly documented lead optical scanning responsibilities within the Risk Management Department.
· Maintains current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and
· Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the credit union’s
policies and procedures.
· Remain updated on matters concerning risk management, compliance, including federal and state BSA-related requirements.
· Work independently, act promptly to research and resolve matters. Exercise good judgment in forming recommendations and decision-making.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable federal regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, Security and OFAC.
· Cooperative and positive attitude towards members and credit union employees.
· Willingness to work on cross-functional project teams within the Risk Management Department and within the credit union.
· Supervisors are appropriately informed of department activities.
· Dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
· Demonstrate credit union’s Core Values and Cultural Beliefs
· Assist with other Risk Management assignments, as needed.
Education & Experience
· Associates degree, preferred.
· At least two years’ experience working in for a financial institution.
Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrated knowledge of applicable rules, regulations and laws affecting financial institutions.
· Experience using Fiserv DataSafe, a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to apply critical thinking to identify unusual member transaction patterns indicative of suspicious activities and conduct further investigation.
· Strong organization skills with demonstrated ability to work on competing priorities.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadline.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Other Pertinent Information
· Regular and satisfactory attendance required.
· Must maintain an acceptable personal credit history and be bondable.
CommonWealth One FCUAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.